`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Dilema with my daughter not liking my team

RE: My Dilema with my daughter not liking my team
(08-12-2011, 12:39 PM)motu79 Wrote: You do realize that the only level of baseball that doesn't have a DH is National League baseball. Little League, High School, College, all can use DH's. Never understood why you would have your pitcher hit at the highest level of their sport.

Making the pitcher hit is a lot more preferable than letting a guy hit only. DH's don't play the field. Baseball players playing offense/defense is great. One player only pitching and one player only hitting is no fun. It also creates more strategy as to when you need to take your pitcher out and teaches them how to get by, laying down bunts and such.

It's the same reason if you have the best defensive short stop in the league and he's hitting .230 it's not such a big deal. The pitching you receive from the pitcher is worth him hitting .150-.200 in the same way a short stop saving your team everyday is totally alright hitting .230

I really don't like seeing David Ortiz stand up and swing a bat 3-4 times a game without ever fielding a ball.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Dilema with my daughter not liking my team - by Reductio_Ad_Absurdum - 08-12-2011, 01:44 PM