`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 98/99 UD CC Gold Starquest card that I had.

RE: The 98/99 UD CC Gold Starquest card that I had.
Couple of thoughts on this subject:

I pulled a Theo Fleury a few years after the product was released. Traded it to a fellow Beckett member for (I think $30BV?) at the time. Regretted it ever since, but in no way did I feel the other trader did anything wrong. It is entirely possible he thought the card was worth the same amount I did.

Last year, maybe the year before, I won a Kariya off ebay for $35 and thought it was a deal. I held on to it for quite some time and traded it for $50BV to a Kariya collector here. I probably wouldn't have moved it, if not for the fact I thought it was going to a good home. That collector ended up selling it a few months later and got $60ish? for it on ebay. To be honest, I had mixed feeling about it but at the end of the day it was his card and his right to do whatever he wanted with it.

Fast forward to last week; a member on HI mentioned he had a Koivu available. I immediately offered him $75 for it and he accepted. Did I over pay? Maybe, but after waiting 12 years to see one, I wasn't taking any chances with an ebay auction. I will post a scan as soon as I get my scanner hooked up again (had a damn flood Monday night, nothing harmed but had to relocate the computer).

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 98/99 UD CC Gold Starquest card that I had. - by greg2424 - 08-11-2011, 10:02 AM