`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hot packs: an economic debate (NO MORALITY ARGUMENTS ALLOWED)

RE: hot packs: an economic debate (NO MORALITY ARGUMENTS ALLOWED)
Another way you can look at it is this. Lets say you buy a hot pack for $7.00. and their are 10 cards in the pack. You technically bought each card for for .70 cents. You sell the "Hot Card" for $5.00 shipped. After ebay and paypal fees (.90 cents) and shipping ($1.75) you make $1.56.

Now you are left with a 9 cards each worth .70 cents or in total $6.30. You can sell at a $1.00 a piece and a $1.00 to ship in a PWE. After ebay and Paypal fees (.70 cents) and a stamp (.44 cents) you profit 16 cents. AND THAT IS IF YOU CAN SELL FOR $1.00 A PIECE IN 30 DAYS!

IMHO its not worth it for such little profit, i have better things to do with my time.

But this is the type of math I do when I purchase a lot. Last night i won an auction for 200 vintage basketball cards (1969-77 Topps) for $43.00 shipped! That is 21 cents a card. I hope to sell at $3.00 a piece with shipping of $2.99. After Ebay and Paypal Fees of $1.09 and shipping of $1.75 I am profiting $2.94 a card! I could go on and on with "Contrition" factors and "FIFO/LIFO" rules and , bud i dont want to bore everyone to death!

In summary, the only way to make money on Ebay in my opinion is "dollar cost averaging" "lot" purchases.

Yes, I am a banker!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: hot packs: an economic debate (NO MORALITY ARGUMENTS ALLOWED) - by sonnyday - 07-07-2011, 11:49 AM