`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organizing Mess of a super collection :(

RE: Organizing Mess of a super collection :(
Wow Deuce, Thats a crap ton of scanning. How did you pull that off in just a couple weeks? I started cataloging my collection in FEB by entering each one in to the Beckett ORG and into my new Filemaker data base. Just about finished and i currently have about 2800 different cards. I only scanned cards with a high book value of $2 or more. Not sure how many scans that came out to but I think I have something like 1800-2000 scans and let me tell you it has been a B***h ! I feel the same way as The legendaryjerryrice. Just looking at my scanner makes me want to puke! It was totally worth it though. Now I actually KNOW what i have and WHERE to find it. Every card in a penny sleeve(even base) and cards with a high book of $10 or more in a sleeve and top loader. I numbered each card according to its file number in the database then put them into monster box's. So if I want to find a card I do a search in filemaker it gives me the number, the quantity on hand and the scan (if it has one) then I just walk over to the monster and pluck it out. Collecting BLISS! Honestly I had NO idea what i had before or what it was worth. It has been so fulfilling and makes me feel way better about my collection.
Tell me Deuce whats your secret to speeding up the scan process? I must know...even though I already spent 5 months of my life endlessly scanning... lol
(07-03-2011, 10:10 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: I just got done scanning 2500 cards over the last few weeks so trust me I know what it's like lol.

[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

Messages In This Thread
RE: Organizing Mess of a super collection :( - by eazy e - 07-03-2011, 10:45 PM