`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
Here is a set variation for my New York Jets, I don't know if it is true for all NFL teams.<br />
<br />
2008 Score. <br />
Originally released in packs 2008 Score is consistent with the same picture was used for base and all pack insert parallels (Glossy, Scorecard, Gold Zone etc). <br />
[Image: 2008Scorebaseset1.jpg]<br />
[Image: 2008Scorebaseset2.jpg]<br />
These two scans above are the base set, first scan contain cards 215-223, any number with an A suffix is for a variation I will explain later. <br />
215A Jesse Chatman...(Jets minicamp uniform)<br />
216A Calvin Pace........(Jets minicamp uniform)<br />
217 Kellen Clemens<br />
218 Leon Washington<br />
219 Jerricho Cotchery<br />
220 Laveranues Coles<br />
221 Chris Baker <br />
222 Brad Smith <br />
223 Thomas Jones <br />
and the second scan contains the cards <br />
224 Darrelle Revis <br />
225 David Harris <br />
106A Brett Favre.........(Packers 2007 action photo with Packers logo on front of card) <br />
336A Vernon Gholston RC (Jets minicamp) <br />
353... Dustin Keller...... RC <br />
412A Erik Ainge.......... RC (Jets minicamp) <br />
021A Musa Smith.........(Ravens 2007 action photo with Ravens logo on front of card)<br />
<br />
The next scans below is for the Score blister packaging mini team set that was available around October 2008, offically released by Donruss, the Donruss logo is clearly present on the blister packaging. I bought this set because I thought it was the Score Jets factory set, it had a different Brett Favre card now in a Jets uniform as the top card in the blister pack. I wanted this Brett Favre Score card as it was different from the Packers card available earlier in 2008 in packs. There were 12 cards inside the blister pack mini team set , this was released before the Score Factory set. <br />
The card numbers are 216B, 218-225, 106B Brett Favre, 336B and 353. All cards in the blister pack were glossy coated except 353 Dustin Keller which was non glossy, in feel and reflection when held to a light, Keller is dull, all others are shiny. <br />
[Image: 2008Scoreminiteamsetpackage.jpg]<br />
<br />
The next scan are the three uniform variations from the 2008 Score blister pack mini team set,<br />
216B glossy Calvin Pace (Jets uniform action photo with Jets logo on front of card)<br />
106B glossy Brett Favre (Jets uniform action photo with Jets logo on front of card)<br />
336B glossy Vernon Gholston RC (Jets uniform action photo with Jets logo on front of card) Is this a RC or not as the photo has changed?? <br />
These three cards are unique because they are different to the 2008 Score factory set, these 3 new picture cards are glossy (216B, 106B &amp; 336B). They are a variation from the glossy cards that were parallels in 2008 Score packs as they have updated photos.<br />
[Image: 2008Scoreminiteamset.jpg]<br />
<br />
This final scan is from the Score Jets factory team set that I bought on ebay. I bought this because in both 2006 &amp; 2007 there had been Jets updates with different action photos in the 2006 &amp; 2007 factory sets which Beckett recorded in the Annual guide with a B suffix after the card number, I wanted to see if there were similar updates for the 2008 factory set.<br />
In addition the factory set was an expanded set with additional rookies not available in packs earlier in 2008, there was one new rookie card for the Jets.<br />
The 2008 Score Jets factory set was 17 cards, all non-glossy cards, they were 215B, 216B, 217-225, 106B, 336B, 353, 412B, 435 &amp; 021B.<br />
I have scanned the 6 variations and 1 additional RC from the 2008 Score Jets cards that were in packs, all 7 variation cards from the Score factory set are not glossy, so they are different from the 3 glossy variations above in the Score blister pack mini team set.<br />
[Image: 2008ScoreFactoryset.jpg]<br />
The variations listed below, are all from the factory set, non glossy and with different photos from the 2008 Score base set available in packs.<br />
215B Jesse Chatman..........(Jets uniform action photo with Jets logo on front of card)<br />
216B Calvin Pace...............(Jets uniform action photo with Jets logo on front of card) <br />
106B Brett Favre................(Jets uniform action photo with Jets logo on front of card)<br />
336B Vernon Gholston RC (Jets uniform action photo with Jets logo on front of card) Is this an RC as it is a variation of the original base card?? <br />
412B Erik Ainge .........RC (Jets uniform action photo with Jets logo on front of card) Is this an RC as it is a variation of the original base card??<br />
435 Marcus Henry...... RC.. A true RC, the only Marcus Henry card released by Score in 2008, exclusively in the Score factory set.<br />
021B Musa Smith...............(Jets 2008 action photo with Jets logo on front of card, ironically cut during preseason, did not play a regular season game for the Jets in 2008 )<br />
<br />
<br />
To summarize, if the Annual Guide gets updated, there should be added the following<br />
215A Jesse Chatman..................(from packs) minicamp uni<br />
215B Jesse Chatman..................(from factory set) Jets preseason uni <br />
<br />
216A Calvin Pace.......................(from packs) minicamp uni<br />
216B Calvin Pace.......................(from factory set) Jets preseason uni <br />
216B Glossy Calvin Pace...........(from blister packs) Jets preseason uni <br />
<br />
106A Brett Favre.......................(from packs) Packers uni<br />
106B Brett Favre.......................(from factory set) Jets preseason uni <br />
106B Glossy Brett Favre............(from blister packs) Jets preseason uni <br />
<br />
336A Vernon Gholston RC.........(from packs) minicamp uni<br />
336B Vernon Gholston RC........ (from factory set) Jets preseason uni <br />
336B Glossy Vernon Gholston....(from blister packs) Jets preseason uni <br />
<br />
412A Erik Ainge RC...................(from packs) minicamp uni<br />
412B Erik Ainge RC...................(from factory set) Jets preseason uni <br />
<br />
435 Marcus Henry RC.............(from factory set) Jets preseason uni <br />
<br />
021A Musa Smith.......................(from packs) Ravens uni<br />
021B Musa Smith........................(from factory set) Jets preseason uni <br />
<br />
<br />

Messages In This Thread
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by GINGE01 - 06-25-2010, 01:05 AM