`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
onionring9 Wrote:What do you guys think about print errors like this? This was a mass produced print error on the 1989 UD. Notice the pink round circle in the top right of the two cards in the right column. Do you consider this a variation?
This is a plate srewup. Probably every card printe with that plate will show up this way. I would consider this a printing error over a veriation.

This piece is on Ebay right now. The seller gave it a rather cool name in my opinion. "GRAY HAZE ERROR".
Would you guys consider this alongs the line of the "BLACKLESS"?

[Image: ae04_1.JPG]

Thanks
Craig

I pulled a 2008 Topps Ryan Zimmerman GU Jersey card with James Loney's stats on the back. I know this kind of thing happens all the time in the modern era, but whose game used is it? And are there others?

I bought a box of 2000 Topps Series 2 just for fun, and because it was only $8 and I found a bunch of variations with the gloss on the backs of the cards. Some have the normal gloss and some don't. They look like they are matte. I have doubles of some players from just this box and some are glossy and some are matte. You can also tell a slight difference in the color of the cards. The matte ones seem lighter than the glossy ones. Anybody run into that? I'm sure it's just a print variation, but just curious.

Loyalty32 Wrote:This piece is on Ebay right now. The seller gave it a rather cool name in my opinion. "GRAY HAZE ERROR".
Would you guys consider this alongs the line of the "BLACKLESS"?

[Image: ae04_1.JPG]

Thanks
Craig
It's not "blackless" as there is black. It's "Someone Forgot To Load Up the Black Ink Cartridge" and just low ink.

Score73 - I know it's not the blackless version. I own the blackless version. If you read EXACTLY what I asked you would understand this. I was asking if the GRAY HAZE as the seller called it, is something recognized by error/variation collectors SUCH as the blackless.

And my point is, it's a printing defect with low black ink. As a player collector, I certainly wouldn't put a premium on it or feel that it is necessary.

What about this 1991 Upper Deck with the stats missing on the back? Wouldn't this have been on the same black printing plate they used for the name and/or copyright print?

[Image: UDMattinglyMissingStats.jpg]

This may have been listied all ready. I did a search and didn't find anything.

I don't know for sure but the picture on the front of this card looks to be Lloyd McClendon.

I can't say I could pick McClendon or Pete Mackanin out of a line-up, but I don't think this looks like Mackanin.

[Image: Mackanin.jpg]

Dave

With the new site coming, is there anyway the info contained here within can be saved and transferred over? If not, I have a sneaking suspicion all of these posts will go to the trash and we'll need o rehash this againin the future ...