`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
PS you might want to add on the bottom of your OP, an area to put variations we'd like to see verified by somebody else so we don't lose them in the 10 pages of posts and the 100's more to come Smile

Someone sent me an email recently asking me if I had two specific 1994 UD base cards with the silver name/stat headings on back. I have only seen this affect the Electric Diamonds so this would be an interesting new variety if anyone here knows anything about this.

onionring9 Wrote:PS you might want to add on the bottom of your OP, an area to put variations we'd like to see verified by somebody else so we don't lose them in the 10 pages of posts and the 100's more to come Smile
I will go through the 10 pages and put together a running "need verification" section. I also think the front page needs a FAQ. Any suggestions for it? Anything that you'd specifically like to see in it?

Here is something else to look out for...This is a error from 91 topps showing Comstock in a Mariners uniform and a Cubs name on the front...Now there are a Variation of this card that has a Yellow line square of this card.My line square is Red...I have seen the Yellow 1-2 times and they have to be rare.

[Image: Picture071.jpg]

bornagaincollector Wrote:Here is something else to look out for...This is a error from 91 topps showing Comstock in a Mariners uniform and a Cubs name on the front...Now there are a Variation of this card that has a Yellow line square of this card.My line square is Red...I have seen the Yellow 1-2 times and they have to be rare.

[Image: Picture071.jpg]
This card is a well-known documented error. The yellow line variation you are talking about has to do with two small yellow lines extending out into the borders from his name bar. It affects the corrected Mariners version. I had a the only copy of it I had ever seen included in my 1991 Topps Master Set.

I have never seen nor heard of a Cubs/error version that has a yellow inset border on front. On the other hand, 1991 Topps has many, many unlisted variations so if yet another Komstock variety shows up I wouldn't be all that surprised.

Can somebody blow this image up,i can't figure it out.The bottom Browne has a gold ud hologram,the top has a silver holgram.

[Image: Picture074.jpg]

bornagaincollector Wrote:Can somebody blow this image up,i can't figure it out.The bottom Browne has a gold ud hologram,the top has a silver holgram.
That is actually a known print run that is listed in Beckett based on the color variation of the hologram. My picture isn't much better than yours.

1992 Upper Deck 153 Mark McGwire
1992 Upper Deck Gold Hologram 153 Mark McGwire

[Image: 1992UDGold.jpg]

Maybe i should invest in a Beckett Baseball yearly price guide.LOL

onionring9 Wrote:
bornagaincollector Wrote:Can somebody blow this image up,i can't figure it out.The bottom Browne has a gold ud hologram,the top has a silver holgram.
That is actually a known print run that is listed in Beckett based on the color variation of the hologram. My picture isn't much better than yours.

:lol:

bornagaincollector Wrote:Maybe i should invest in a Beckett Baseball yearly price guide.LOL

onionring9 Wrote:

This does bring up a good question, do we want to list variations like this that are in Beckett or are we going to stick to undocumented ones.

Thats the thing.I really don't know whats listed in the beckett as Errors,Variations and what isn't...Any help with this would be great!

onionring9 Wrote:
bornagaincollector Wrote:Maybe i should invest in a Beckett Baseball yearly price guide.LOL

onionring9 Wrote:

This does bring up a good question, do we want to list variations like this that are in Beckett or are we going to stick to undocumented ones.