`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
bornagaincollector Wrote:Anybody know anything about these 2 Will Clark cards...They both are 98 Pinnacle,But 1 has Home stats only and also didn't count his 86,87 home stats.
I'm not sure about the cards but I went through my dupes and there is also an away variation.

[Image: 1998Pinnacle.jpg]

Fandruw25 Wrote:
bornagaincollector Wrote:Anybody know anything about these 2 Will Clark cards...They both are 98 Pinnacle,But 1 has Home stats only and also didn't count his 86,87 home stats.
I'm not sure about the cards but I went through my dupes and there is also an away variation.

[Image: 1998Pinnacle.jpg]

Just checked my Biggio dupes and I have three variations too .. Home Stats, Away Stats and Total Stats.

Looks like this one needs to be added to the front page of this thread.

Phil

From the OPG...

"The 1998 Pinnacle set was issued in one series totalling 200 cards and was distributed in 10-card packs with a suggested retail price of $2.99. The fronts feature borderless color player photos with player information on the backs. The set contains the following subsets: Rookies (158-181), Field of Vision (182-187), Goin' Jake (188-197) and Checklists (198-200). Three variations of each card 1-157 were issued. The cards have home, away or seasonal stats on the back and were all produced in equal quantities. This concept of variations on the statistics was met with utter lack of interest and all three versions trade for equal values. In fact, complete sets typically carry a mix of all three stat variations."

The question i have on the Clark is on the home stats card is doesn't have any home stats for 86 or 87.That is a error.Considering he hit 35 hr in 87,some of them were at home.

Can someone check there 1998 ultra cards and let me know if this a printing error of if its is common. I only have 3 copies of this card, 2 w/o black and 1 with.

(look at the number 481)

[Image: 1998Ultra.jpg]
[Image: 1998Ultra2.jpg]

jacksoncoupage Wrote:Here is the best scan I could get of the three different (confirmed) 1991 Upper Deck hologram types.

[Image: ocb-holo-vars.jpg]

The top card is the "1990 UD Baseball" hologram type. Behind the "Upper Deck" lettering is a pattern of baseballs.

The middle card is the "1990-91 UD Hockey" hologram type. Behind the "Upper Deck" lettering is a pattern of "90" and crossed hockey sticks.

The bottom card is the "1991 UD Baseball" hologram type. A consistent pattern of 1991 on the holo. This is the most common version and presumably the intended type.

It's possible that another hologram type exists. I remember an ebay seller years ago used to make pairs of the 1991 UD NFL cards and I seem to remember there being a distinct football holo type.

After sorting through 3 3200s of this product, I found just a small sampling of each "error" type with the majority being the appropriate 1991 type.

Another thing of interest is that I found a Jeff Bagwell (Hi #) that has the "1990 UD Baseball" hologram on it. I had previously been under the impression that this was corrected early on in the low series run but it obviously has affected the hi # cards. Whether or not the "1990-91 NHL" version is available on hi # cards remains to be seen.
I've found both the '90 and '91 style for both #174 and #656 of McGwire. I still have yet to find the Hockey style one. I'll look through my dups again.

I decided to look back at previous years and for McGwire's UD RC (1989) I found two variations on the holo. One had the "'90 style" with the baseball background pattern, the other had no background, no numbers no baseballs no anything...

Here is the 1989 holo difference I mentioned. One on the right has no ball background. You can see the ball background on the left card.

[Image: 1989uddiffs.jpg]

I tried to make the '91 differences I've found a little easier to see:

[Image: 1991uddeltas.jpg]

Has anyone mentioned the checklists from 2008 Topps? There different in the hobby boxs from the ones in the jumbos. I havent opened any retail but they may have a different one as well. Topps has done this the last few years as well.

Steve
Amazing Heroes
Union NJ 07083

www*amazingheroes*com Wrote:Has anyone mentioned the checklists from 2008 Topps? There different in the hobby boxs from the ones in the jumbos. I havent opened any retail but they may have a different one as well. Topps has done this the last few years as well.

Steve
Amazing Heroes
Union NJ 07083
Do you have any pics by chance?