`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*update-readable* Richard Petty 1995 Traks Autograph (1991 TRAKS Proto Card) *pics*

*update-readable* Richard Petty 1995 Traks Autograph (1991 TRAKS Proto Card) *pics*
My Uncle passed away back in March at 61 years of age.  He and I spent alot of time together in the early 90's and I got him into collecting sports cards.  We would go to flea markets and shows along with my dad.  I was 12 in 1992.  

My step-aunt has slowly been going through his stuff and I would go by and pick up whatever it was she happened to come across. Of course I was mostly concerned with family pics, papers, etc....but in the back of my mind I was sure he still kept all of his cards/collectibles.  I didn't dare straight ask for it but was just hoping she would come across it and continue to keep me in mind if she did.

She finally came across the stuff and reached back out to me.  He, like my dad and I, had a limited budget back in the early 90's and of course, the early 90's is the early 90's so no one is retiring off the stuff any time soon.  He did however put together the 88 MAXX set so I was really hoping to find that.  I was with him when he found the last card he needed to complete the set.  I believe we found it at a 100 table Baseball Card show at the Castlegate Hotel in Marietta Ga around 1992-ish.  When I think of collecting and my Uncle, this set immediately comes to mind.  I so thrilled to get it.

There was also several assorted sports unopened wax pack boxes.  About 10 in total with all but one being from 1990-1991.  The other box was a 1995 MAXX HOBBY box.  I busted it yesterday.  I pulled the Richard Petty 1991 TRAKS PROTOTYPE autograph in roughly pack 18 of 30.  I couldn't believe it.  1 in 600 pack ratio.

I'm pretty good with the internet but I am having a very hard time finding much info on this card...variations... print run....etc...   I'm sure there were multiple versions being he signed the prototypes but this one is the 1991 TRAKS CARD that has his name as 'The King'.  Head shot from collarbone up.

The signature is absolutely gorgeous with lots of loops.  Other Richard Petty auto's I see online look rushed.  Another kicker to this card is the signature is in a gold sharpie.  Seemed kind of odd to me (in a good way).  I would think that most of these signatures would have been in black.  Could this be a more sought after variation?  

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Collecting Dernell Stenson