`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
OT: Shipping to Canada from US

OT: Shipping to Canada from US
Quick question for you all, are there currently issues with the USPS and shipping to Canada from the US? Is it taking longer than the 6-10 days they say it takes for it to be delivered? I sent some cards for a trade to Canada, and it says it left the local sorting facility the day after I put them in the mail, but that was on 2/21, and it hasn't had any activity since. I contacted the USPS about it, but I won't hear back from them about it for probably 2-3 days.... Is 14 days too long for them, or was I being overly optimistic that they'd actually have it there in 6-10 days? Does tracking not get updated very fast once it leaves the US? Should I at least have it marked as having hit the Customs office on the border? I've not shipped international before and I have no idea if I need to be worried it's not going to arrive...

RE: OT: Shipping to Canada from US
Canada is one the hardest countries to get packages in to. Their customs take forever. Especially after the canada post strike in i think 2010. If a package takes forver getting to a country. Its most likely due to customs.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

In my experience it has taken about 8 days for mine. I have only Shipped to Canada 4 times though. So maybe I have not done it enough to have an experience like you!
I LIVE for "Soup Kitchens" with "Dirty Mike" and the boys!!! BAHAHAHA!!!!

Also delivery conformation isnt available in most countries. EMS isnt required to scan our packages and vice versa. The suggested dates are average for all countries. Like i said some are worst than others.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

(03-05-2013, 06:27 PM)robsvideos Wrote: Canada is one the hardest countries to get packages in to. Their customs take forever. Especially after the canada post strike in i think 2010. If a package takes forver getting to a country. Its most likely due to customs.
hey ..... our trade didn't take forever Smile

Customs is just one small part of CP's time to get delivery ..... Canada Post is just slow and no your DC #'s will not work here.

If I get a package sent here from Orlando or Dallas/Fort Worth it can take up to 3-4 weeks ..... on the flip side we just got in a package from Virginia in 3 days Wink

A lot of the problems stem from what hub in the U.S. they come from ..... Florida this time of year is swamped with mail coming back to Canada so it's substantially slower .....

I live in Toronto ..... Buffalo is 1.5 hours away ..... if I get a package from Dave and Adams ..... it goes through Chicago ???

it's just the way our mail services work together ..... Sad

I've never had issues with sending to Canada. My packages in the last few months have taken 3-4 days max to get to the consumers. And positive feedback is left

Well, I'm in SW Ohio, so I wouldn't think it would be so horrible. I had an issue with the usps not too long ago where an employee opened a package I sent someone and smashed the miniatures I sent and then resealed the box and sent it on along. I'm really hoping this isn't lost, as it was my biggest trade so far, and I'd hate to be out 75 bucks worth of cards and not be able to finish the trade.....

I ship to canada all the time...usually takes between 7-14 days.

My most recent package I sent actually got their in 5 days....but ive also had my fair share of "lost" packages sent to canada
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS