`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick and Tired....

Sick and Tired....
of trading cards that Beckett has not removed from my Organize after they were previously traded. Am I the only one that has this problem or are there others out there? I am pulling all of my BKB cards from Organize so I can be sure to be updated 100%.
Looking for Ozzie Guillen, Gordon Beckham, Frank Thomas, Travis Snider, John Starks, White Sox and anything else that catches my eye!

RE: Sick and Tired....
Thats why I always try to double check before I accept a trade, with so many cards, and so many different transactions its hard to keep it 100% updated. I usually will move incoming cards into the correct folder, and delete the outgoing ones entirely.

This is my process.

1. Trade offered and negotiated.
2. Every time it's sent to me, I verify I have the cards and put them in separate stacks.
3. Any cards in multiple trades, available to first requester and I notify the others.
4. Trade accepted.
5. I delete anything in recently traded with a Have quantity of 0.
6. Remove anything from recently traded and the for trade folder where Trade Away equals 0.
7. Remove anything from recently traded that has a Trade Away greater than 1.
8. Open two tabs and start updating the right items with the right quantities (set fillers, cards I have listed as PC want, etc.).
9. Make sure all incoming have a Keep of 1 (if for PC or set).
10. Put incoming cards into appropriate incoming folder (Incoming Set Fillers, Incoming Pistons, Incoming Others) so I can verify them when the trade is received.
11. Make sure recently traded is empty.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

xstream many of us do that im sure but why should we when we pay good money for this site? i know we dont pay for org but our money does and should go to the overall quality of the site! its no wonder so few members put up with all this mess...
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(03-10-2012, 06:42 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: xstream many of us do that im sure but why should we when we pay good money for this site? i know we dont pay for org but our money does and should go to the overall quality of the site! its no wonder so few members put up with all this mess...
Honestly, I don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes, nor am I entitled to knowing that information, but being in software myself, I can definitely say it isn't as easy as saying "this is what needs to be done, do it." But I know the plan in the long run is to make it to where all of that doesn't have to be done. But when, I don't know. Believe me, I can't wait for that day.

(03-10-2012, 06:58 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Honestly, I don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes, nor am I entitled to knowing that information, but being in software myself, I can definitely say it isn't as easy as saying "this is what needs to be done, do it." But I know the plan in the long run is to make it to where all of that doesn't have to be done. But when, I don't know. Believe me, I can't wait for that day.
Beckett should hire me and you as software developers we could have this site up and running to its full potential in no time. Smile

(03-10-2012, 07:03 PM)libs021 Wrote: Beckett should hire me and you as software developers we could have this site up and running to its full potential in no time. Smile
I would probably never leave the office. Smile Honestly, working for Beckett as a Software Developer is in my top three jobs I want (along with working for the Government/CIA or working/playing for the Pistons). I'd be able to do what takes me 8 hours at home during work making sure the site was working efficiently and I wouldn't quit on any assignment. At one of my old jobs, I used to work on my work as much as I was on Beckett moderating. Smile If I was an employee at Beckett, it would be explainable. lol.

"Believe me, I can't wait for that day."

Same here. I plan to be a Beckett Member until the day of my last breathe.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

I never had this problem before. I keep a good inventory, I used to manage a card shop that had 250,000 items for sale on the Beckett Marketplace and had minimal stock outs. For some reason, it seems like items get duplicated once they are traded away sometimes or the quantity doesn't go to zero. I currently pay $18 a month for two subscriptions and so that I can use Organize, but it is not working properly. I have to delete cards from trades all day because I know they item was traded away two months ago, is this really necessary? Is it necessary to have to go through eleven steps like Xstream laid out? I never had to do this previously, why start now?
Looking for Ozzie Guillen, Gordon Beckham, Frank Thomas, Travis Snider, John Starks, White Sox and anything else that catches my eye!

Unfortunately, I can't see the code behind the scenes, so I can't determine what the issue is. I know that once I have a card with a Trade Away of 0, it doesn't show up available for trade anymore.