`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not even close to the pats!

RE: Not even close to the pats!
(03-03-2012, 06:38 PM)dfcj1499 Wrote: That NFC Championship game in 09' was pretty awesome thoughBig Grin They gave Favre a beating and I didnt see any cheap shots or chops. I had this feeling during that game that this is the way it should beSmile
There are a lot of comments on this topic that clearly reflect individual sports bias. It doesn't mean a fan can't keep an open mind, but when divisional rivals (Miami fans) argue that spy gate was worse, well you have to be honest.....the dislike of anything Patriots is incredibly.

Football players walk that fine line between hitting players hard enough to throw them off their game to knocking the player out one minute to holding hands and praying for players when they go down.

Violent game, things happen in the heat of the moment. If players make agreements amongst themselves....that's totally different than a leader of the team promoting this behavior.

No reasonable person can think that intentionally trying to cripple a guy is acceptable. Why do you think the league doesn't allow blocking at the knees of linemen?

The same distaste of league rivals is also demonstrated in the comment about Favre. You can't seriously believe that there were not a lot of late hits on Favre, extra steps that the refs ignored. I only saw the first half of that game and Brees was protected by the refs (an I'm a Brees fan).

The blame is not all on the coaching staff though. Players are adults who need to act accordingly. If the act is morally questionable, don't do it. Don't rationalize it away by blaming the coaches or hiding behind, "It's football.....".

The players made the choice to participate.

the true spirit of the post is this.....

My original Post---- "Espn stating the saints bounty is worse than the "Pats" spy gate. NOT EVEN CLOSE.... the saints still played between the lines and had to play football.... not watch video tapes, make adjustments and cheat their way to SB's"

Players and Ref's ARE able to do something about cheap play from other players on the field

Players and Ref's ARE NOT able to anything from cheap play by a camera man.

Spy Gate Undermined the competitive integrity of the sport by altering the outcome of games from a NON-FOOTBALL perspective.

Saints Did it on the field....

BIG DIFFERENCE

And it has nothing to do with being a miami fan

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

You see now that the NFL is investigating what went on with the Redskins when Williams was there. May be more to this story in the near future.

Whatever happens, happens. Those who participated in this should be punished. BTW we happen to like Favre and Kurt Warner down here. Favre was at the first Saints playoff game this year. There's a cancer in the NFL and it is being exposed by the safety police
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

(03-04-2012, 03:13 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: the true spirit of the post is this.....

My original Post---- "Espn stating the saints bounty is worse than the "Pats" spy gate. NOT EVEN CLOSE.... the saints still played between the lines and had to play football.... not watch video tapes, make adjustments and cheat their way to SB's"

Players and Ref's ARE able to do something about cheap play from other players on the field

Spy Gate Undermined the competitive integrity of the sport by altering the outcome of games from a NON-FOOTBALL perspective.

BIG DIFFERENCE

http://news.yahoo.com/bounty-scandal-cou...--nfl.html

The mere fact that they are talking about the possibility about legal action should put it into perspective for you. Spygate punished from within and boutygate punished from within and possibly criminal charges.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(03-04-2012, 06:45 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: http://news.yahoo.com/bounty-scandal-cou...--nfl.html

The mere fact that they are talking about the possibility about legal action should put it into perspective for you. Spygate punished from within and boutygate punished from within and possibly criminal charges.
and that is from a person, who in all of the internet ive ever seen, hates the pats the most

(03-04-2012, 07:09 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: and that is from a person, who in all of the internet ive ever seen, hates the pats the most
BTW I like your new signature pic
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

Don't take my post the wrong way. I clearly stated that there are fans who can be clear headed in the discussion. You might be one.

However, you have to understand that while you are so passionate in your conviction that spy gate was worse, you have to step back and see that as a Dolphin's fan, your disdain for the Patriots gives you the. Appearance of a skewed perspective.

The posting Miami fans have been almost all on the Spygate is worse, despite what anyone has to say. A Seahawks fan would appear to be impartial on the subject.

There are clearly policies in place from the prior collective bargaining agreement that makes these extra "benefits" for contracted and salaried players a violation of the league rules.

As to Spygate, coaches videotape their opponents all the time. We watched film of opponents when I played in high school 30 yes ago. I have watched coaches when my son played park board football looking at the other sideline and watching the signals sent in. Not taping, but apparently okay?

If a losing team videotaped opponents and still were losers, there would not be nearly the issue w/ spy gate. Teams do it all, not all....but a lot do.

FYI, I'm neither a Dolphins or Patriots fan, but I like to watch them play as a football fan.

There is no way encouraging players to give opponents a little extra something to injure or make a player unable to play morally acceptable.

To be the best, your best players beat the other teams best. To hurt players purposefully by offering bounties is playing dirty and cheating, period!

(03-04-2012, 03:13 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: the true spirit of the post is this.....

BIG DIFFERENCE

EVERY team filmed other teams' practices, but the Patriots got caught. EVERY team has bounties, but the Saints WROTE THEIR PAYOFFS DOWN ON PAPER, so they got caught and will suffer legal action since they were stupid enough to write it down!

One last thing... the players DO sack up and take care of it on the field. Not sure why you think they don't.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(03-03-2012, 05:23 PM)JeffreyAndrew Wrote: Both situations were bad, but it's def not worse. The Saints were trying to injure a player, which is something that could naturally occur in the game anyways. The Pats were just straight up CHEATING! Not the same.

And as far as running up the score, the point everyone seems to miss is that when the season is over, the "Points For" statistic can be used as a tiebreaker in certain situations. It's in the team's best interest to be in a position to win the potential tiebreak scenario.
WEll you could pick up on some other teams plays, signals, etc naturally during a game as well. Intentionally trying to hurt a player is worse on so many other levels beyond the obvious cheating part, which is all spygate was bad for, so yes, it is much worse. Youre right not the same, but bountygate is much worse and the resulting penalties will reflect that.
(03-03-2012, 06:38 PM)dfcj1499 Wrote: That NFC Championship game in 09' was pretty awesome thoughBig Grin They gave Favre a beating and I didnt see any cheap shots or chops. I had this feeling during that game that this is the way it should beSmile
I cant tell if youre being sarcastic or not...in case youre not...

No cheap shots or chops? They had multiple personal foul calls that game, and several non calls that Mike Perriera (then head of officials) said should have been called personal fouls, including two that would have nullified turnovers. Additionally, McCray was fined $20k for his hit that caused the bruises on Favre that was talked about earlier in this thread (that play was NOT flagged). The hits were low/late on Favre all game that day...
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Yes hurting someone is BAD , BUT bottom line and hopefully the last post about this:

Players and Ref's ARE able to do something about cheap play from other players on the field.

Players and Ref's ARE NOT able to do anything about cheap play by a camera man.

see why its worse? ok we done? CANT PLAY AGAINST THE CAMERA.... and not everyone does in the face of a league wide memo clearly stating "DO NOT CONTINUE THESE PRACTICES" .... arrogance defined

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's