`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damage on Kris Bryant Purples

Damage on Kris Bryant Purples
So I have seen two copies of the 2014 bowman platinum purple refractor with a surface foil crease in the same spot. I posted a reply in another member's posting but wanted to add a photo here of the area to carefully check as the damage is only visible when it catches the light. I have one in to Topps for replacement and picked this one up reduced as a set filler in case Topps does not replace card for card. Damage does not show in the scan but carefully check this area for what I have found.
[Image: Scan_201410062_zps5e539d0d.png]
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace

RE: Damage on Kris Bryant Purples
As long as the crease is not on the front of the card does it really matter?

(10-06-2014, 02:54 PM)cspen Wrote: As long as the crease is not on the front of the card does it really matter?
It would IF he wants to get it Beckett Graded.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

True but I assume most of the grading is done on the front of the card

A card is double-sided. Why wouldn't both sides be essential to its value and grade.

(10-06-2014, 04:13 PM)cspen Wrote: True but I assume most of the grading is done on the front of the card
No, the back counts for a percentage of the grade, as well. BUT you are correct, not as much as the front. I forget the percentage and it differs from (I forget the proper terminology for the word that goes here) year to year and card manufacturer to card manufacturer.
(10-06-2014, 04:21 PM)wordsense Wrote: A card is double-sided. Why wouldn't both sides be essential to its value and grade.
it is.

(10-06-2014, 04:29 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: it is.
i know. i was being rhetorical in response to cspen's reply.

(10-06-2014, 04:38 PM)wordsense Wrote: i know. i was being rhetorical in response to cspen's reply.
oh ok. sorry.

Right you are, TDog!
I have 3 Bryant purples and 1 of the 3 is damaged as described in the exact same place. It's subtle, but it's there!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

still waiting on the purple to come back, but I did get replacement today for a dinged Bryant and another prospect card, so fingers crossed. This was not so much a grading issue but to make traders aware on a very popular card right now, so all parties can check their cards before sending or when receiving.

Glad you got a clean copy Doc. I'll update again when I get my package back on the purple.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace