`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2013 Pay It Forward

RE: 2013 Pay It Forward
Watch your mailboxes, it's enroute tomorrow.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

any word on this yet?
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

It's shipped be watching mailboxes for 1st landing...

(03-21-2013, 07:39 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: any word on this yet?

Hmmmmmmm....sounds fishy to me
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

What's fishy sounding? Would love to hear an elaboration...

(03-21-2013, 10:16 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Hmmmmmmm....sounds fishy to me

is it going to Arizona? It'll never be back!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(03-07-2013, 07:54 AM)mrdub Wrote: wow.. go figure. so i join one pay it forward, send out my end, never recieve anything, then once our thread is pretty much dead, suggest we merge with other or start a new one, and now im not even allowed in it.
well that just sucks... to be honest, all these "requirements" to do a pay it forward are not worth the time and/or effort... I just once in a while pick random members that I know collect items I don't want, that I have sitting around, and send them out as freebies for their PC's... just knowing they will be in the hands of someone that appreciates them and help expand their collections... if I ever see anything in return that's cool, but if not, it's all good karma in my book...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(03-22-2013, 05:17 AM)superynaldo Wrote: well that just sucks... to be honest, all these "requirements" to do a pay it forward are not worth the time and/or effort... I just once in a while pick random members that I know collect items I don't want, that I have sitting around, and send them out as freebies for their PC's... just knowing they will be in the hands of someone that appreciates them and help expand their collections... if I ever see anything in return that's cool, but if not, it's all good karma in my book...

I'm going to address a few things if I may, I'm sure this will give some of you that don't like me more ammo to fire back and forth to each other in pm so have fun.

First Rynaldo, Superrynaldo, Slotman, something something man 22, or whatever your name is this month.
Honestly why come into a thread like this in which you are not involved and respond to a post that's 2 weeks old. Only reason someone would do that is to stir stuff up. Seriously if your not one of the members on the list of participants then you really have no reason to complain about the requirements or any other damn thing that happens on this thread. The requirements are there for a reason and that being so that new members can't just come in and join to get free cards and when it's their turn to ship they disappear. I joined this be ause I have a lot of respect for Charles and quite frankly when you come on this thread and stir up crap from two weeks ago I see it as disrespect for someone who has done nothing to deserve it.

Cyber
Please do tell what seems fishy, I'm assuming you are just joking as I do know you have a dry sense of humor but if I'm wrong and you think something is amiss please do elaborate.

For the rest of you whining about not getting in
It's nothing personal, the fact is this has been tried a couple times before and has yet to be completed. The main reason it has never completed is because it comes around to a member who hasn't been here all that long and next thing you know once they receive they're gone. I believe in the last one myself and another member ended up sending twice just to try and make sure everyone got something. While it was nothing personal against you that you were not included some of you had to come in and bad talk running down the thread like children that didn't get picked to play go fish. Come on people we are adults here, if your not allowed to join don't come back talk a bunch of crap and then say I'll pass on participating. I mean really how do you pass on something you weren't allowed in to begin with, that's like saying you can't fire me because I quit.

For those of you who did act like an adult I'm sure once this is over and you have gained more credibility here you will be more than welcome to join the next go around.

Finally can we just rember that the idea behind this is to help others out and not be more concerned about what we get. If your in this to get cards sent to you then your in it for the wrong reason, it's about giving not receiving folks.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(03-22-2013, 06:11 AM)biglump007 Wrote: I'm going to address a few things if I may, I'm sure this will give some of you that don't like me more ammo to fire back and forth to each other in pm so have fun.

First Rynaldo, Superrynaldo, Slotman, something something man 22, or whatever your name is this month.
Honestly why come into a thread like this in which you are not involved and respond to a post that's 2 weeks old. Only reason someone would do that is to stir stuff up. Seriously if your not one of the members on the list of participants then you really have no reason to complain about the requirements or any other damn thing that happens on this thread. The requirements are there for a reason and that being so that new members can't just come in and join to get free cards and when it's their turn to ship they disappear. I joined this be ause I have a lot of respect for Charles and quite frankly when you come on this thread and stir up crap from two weeks ago I see it as disrespect for someone who has done nothing to deserve it.

Cyber
Please do tell what seems fishy, I'm assuming you are just joking as I do know you have a dry sense of humor but if I'm wrong and you think something is amiss please do elaborate.

For the rest of you whining about not getting in
It's nothing personal, the fact is this has been tried a couple times before and has yet to be completed. The main reason it has never completed is because it comes around to a member who hasn't been here all that long and next thing you know once they receive they're gone. I believe in the last one myself and another member ended up sending twice just to try and make sure everyone got something. While it was nothing personal against you that you were not included some of you had to come in and bad talk running down the thread like children that didn't get picked to play go fish. Come on people we are adults here, if your not allowed to join don't come back talk a bunch of crap and then say I'll pass on participating. I mean really how do you pass on something you weren't allowed in to begin with, that's like saying you can't fire me because I quit.

For those of you who did act like an adult I'm sure once this is over and you have gained more credibility here you will be more than welcome to join the next go around.

Finally can we just rember that the idea behind this is to help others out and not be more concerned about what we get. If your in this to get cards sent to you then your in it for the wrong reason, it's about giving not receiving folks.
Lump,

in all honesy, I wasn't trying to bash anyone, or "stir things up" you obviously took my post wrong... as for blasting me and my account names, well that's just a bit childish wouldn't you say??? what is it to you what my account name is???

I totally understand on a pay it forward thread to have requirements obviously, but how do you encourage new collectors to get involved in this hobby and also these forums, if you make them wait to have 1000 posts, and 50 trades, etc???

All I did was post my opinion on Pay it Forwards, and how I try to do something positive for random members with items I have extra, etc. You want to call me out and blast me??? That's perfectly fine... I will stay out of all of your threads, and not bother you anymore...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(03-22-2013, 06:33 AM)superynaldo Wrote: Lump,

in all honesy, I wasn't trying to bash anyone, or "stir things up" you obviously took my post wrong... as for blasting me and my account names, well that's just a bit childish wouldn't you say??? what is it to you what my account name is???

I totally understand on a pay it forward thread to have requirements obviously, but how do you encourage new collectors to get involved in this hobby and also these forums, if you make them wait to have 1000 posts, and 50 trades, etc???

All I did was post my opinion on Pay it Forwards, and how I try to do something positive for random members with items I have extra, etc. You want to call me out and blast me??? That's perfectly fine... I will stay out of all of your threads, and not bother you anymore...
my $.02

first and foremost it's the OP's thread and well he can make the rules as he see's fit ..... way too many of these fun threads have gone "sour" in past since many "newbies" have taken advantage of long term members generosity and never returned the favour that was so generously passed on to them.

I'll apologize for my words now Charles, I know what you have done here was to benefit the membership but I'm tired of folks crapping on threads like yours "just because" .....

Beckett used to be a place where we all played and had fun ..... both pbeanjr and myself used to run threads like this but got tired of being crapped on because we made them for "kids only" and the "adults" felt that we weren't being "fair" to them Sad ..... so I know and understand where you may be this morning when you read some of the comments posted by members on your thread.

Lump was spot on, and if I lose a few more friends because of my thoughts, so be it ..... I'm just really getting tired of this, it's really taking the fun out of the hobby for me .....