`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably shouldn't have, but I did. Bye bye 5/5 :(

Probably shouldn't have, but I did. Bye bye 5/5 :(
Just sold my McCutchen 5/5 Tribute Auto.

I think I got a good offer, considering another /5 ended just barely over $100. I managed to get mine sold for $230($5 ship inclu.)

It's going to be hard to part ways with it but I tripled my money in the sale, which I'm quite happy about. It's one thing I know, sell em if they are hot!
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

RE: Probably shouldn't have, but I did. Bye bye 5/5 :(
Don't regret it. I wish I would have sold some of my nicer chris sale's while they were hot. All of a sedden he had one bad game and his values dropped immensely.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

You shouldn't regret that. If your not a super collector then you gotta sell while they are hot as you said. Keep a scan. I find it helps.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(07-26-2012, 06:05 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: You shouldn't regret that. If your not a super collector then you gotta sell while they are hot as you said. Keep a scan. I find it helps.
Actually, I was going to do a thread later on this, but ...

Last summer I sold my SP Authentic auto rookies of LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

I've regretted it every day since.

However, I found a guy on the bay who does custom work ... I sent him the scans of the LeBron and Wade, front and back, and asked if he could just crank out some "reprints," basically, of my cards using my original scans.

I paid him $5 each.

I got them back in the mail, and even though it's obviously not the real deal, it is so close that it literally feels like I have them back.

And actually, the corners on the reprints are razor sharp, and the glossy finish on both sides really makes the colors pop ... so in that sense, they're actually nicer than the originals.

I may send him my Sidney Crosby Young Guns and the Bryce Harper Bowman auto I traded a couple of months ago.

I wouldn't regret it. Pick them back up when they drop! I have done it a few times and I have several ones I will do it on in the future (Heyward hit is peak and we know where that is now). I am no super collector. If a guy gets hot I will dump them and pick them back up when prices settle. If they never do settle move onto the next guy. Probably 99 of every 100 guys will go back down in price. Maybe not all the way to original, but less than what you sold them for.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Dont sweat it dude.....I think you got a great price for it, it's just like you said sell 'em while their hot!! Cuz you know if you didnt & the price drops, you'll be kicking yourself!!

Matt
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

(07-26-2012, 05:56 PM)HeyFitzy Wrote: Just sold my McCutchen 5/5 Tribute Auto.

I think I got a good offer, considering another /5 ended just barely over $100. I managed to get mine sold for $230($5 ship inclu.)

It's going to be hard to part ways with it but I tripled my money in the sale, which I'm quite happy about. It's one thing I know, sell em if they are hot!
I know many say their not in it for the money but virtually everything has a price. Making 3x your $$ you did very well. Even though i have a few cards i wouldn't want to sell, they would go at the right price. The only thing i will never sell is my 56 NY Yankees signed baseball from my grandfather who received it as a gift from Yogi when he was painting his house.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(07-26-2012, 08:00 PM)krn001 Wrote: The only thing i will never sell is my 56 NY Yankees signed baseball from my grandfather who received it as a gift from Yogi when he was painting his house.
Wow, that sounds awesome!!! Did the whole team sign the ball?!?

[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

good job Fitzy!
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

That will help towards the honeymoon.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]