Complete set of 86-87 Fleer

RE: Complete set of 86-87 Fleer
dang, and you can tell us what you paid if you want Tongue make me jealous lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

errr in a 3x3 binders?

lol, I'd loved to see the look on your face when you pulled out our money and he opened up the GUN SAFE

(02-08-2012, 05:32 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Very nice! Our shop has only had 2 jordan rookies since 1994...one that we sold the credit card ended up being stolen and the other one the check bounced ( we do not take checks usually but it was from a long time customer) needless to say we got screwed on both and we take checks from nobody at all anymore. Great card and for sure get it graded and you put it into a safe for the next 20 years as well.
ouch, that's a sad story. I can understand bad check, but stolen CC.

regarding the binder, I would take them all out right away & put the cheap cards in toploaders & teambags... then the higher dollar and/or RC's in magnetic card holders & teambags... this is how I have my 86-87 & 87-88 sets... takes up an entire cardboard shoebox I bought at my LCS.

I think binders are only good for low end sets, maybe cheap PC cards.. ect.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(02-08-2012, 03:01 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: ouch, that's a sad story. I can understand bad check, but stolen CC.

regarding the binder, I would take them all out right away & put the cheap cards in toploaders & teambags... then the higher dollar and/or RC's in magnetic card holders & teambags... this is how I have my 86-87 & 87-88 sets... takes up an entire cardboard shoebox I bought at my LCS.

I think binders are only good for low end sets, maybe cheap PC cards.. ect.
+1 on the bad checks and stolen card dishonest people make it hard on all of us. Yea that was my plan as soon as I get home I am going to fix them up. When I saw the binder I was kind of nervous that the Jordan was in there but when he pulled out the case I was trying not to loose it. Any guess on what the jordan might grade out to???

(02-08-2012, 10:38 PM)kevinr Wrote: +1 on the bad checks and stolen card dishonest people make it hard on all of us. Yea that was my plan as soon as I get home I am going to fix them up. When I saw the binder I was kind of nervous that the Jordan was in there but when he pulled out the case I was trying not to loose it. Any guess on what the jordan might grade out to???
Man I might be jumping the gun, and the pictures only say so much, but I could see it getting at least an 8.5. Ill be bold and say maybe a 9. Im sure everyones will start to point out things after this though..
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Finally got to a scanner here is a scan maybe it will help. I sure hope it makes a 8.5 if it goes to 9 I will dance a jig....lol. Left to right centering is oh so close maybe off a fraction. Top and bottom is off some, edges and corners look very good to me but I am no professional, take a look and let me know if I called it right.
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

Looks like it might be a 9, but centering on the backside can be a completely different story, I know it's weird but thats something that goes along with this set. Also another thing is how this card will grade under the magnifying glass. I mean it looks like a great card, but the fact that the card is in a non-recessed 4 screw case might actually have damaged the card on the corners and edges due to the pressure of the screwdown case itself. But thats why it is important to get that card graded. I dont know very many people that would want that card ungraded due to all of the counterfieting of #57.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

The Jordan looks great. Thats an amazing purchase, congrats!!!

After seeing it... I want that ungraded Jordan.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Vertical centering is a bit off and the horizontal could have been a bit better, not too bad though. The left bottom corner shows some edging as does the entire left side of the card to a minor degree. Then again, the image is not completely sharp because you see the card through the screwdown, so it might be better than it appears. Backside centering will affect your grade, as mentioned before, and so does the surface which I can't really give an opinion about from the scan, although it looks pretty good. (no misprint or scratches from what i can see). This might be a candidate for 8.5 or 9, so I would get it off for grading rather sooner than later.