`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(AU on Mem, p.128 - Ends 11/28)
Hi, my 2 cards

[Image: p1020236q.jpg]

[Image: pict2232t.jpg]

bumpola for the late crowd and the fact that it was buried on page 2...

ps. folks, the theme is "auto on the memorabila", not auto/memorabilia.

nice dual tampa mem/auto card
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

hey Rice etc., you were supposed to tally them votes up a few days ago. what gives? Wink

(12-04-2011, 08:50 AM)warsawknuckles467 Wrote: hey Rice etc., you were supposed to tally them votes up a few days ago. what gives? Wink
Lol, well since I made a last call for votes, a page earlier we saw some more beauties, comments, questions...but no more votes! We're deadlocked where we were last week:

'Autograph on Memorabilia' Round closes 8pm PT 11/28

androsfl's Lundqvist Tape to Tape: 1 (onox)
bimola's Beliveau Scripted Swatches: 1 (warsaw)
skyfire47's Lundqvist Frozen Foursomes: 1 (rice)
ak11's Kopitar Signature Sticks: 1 (jaykay?)

I just took it as a sign that I should table the thread for awhile. But if it picks up on its own, I'll be there to count votes and declare winners...

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

rcm331 dual marty roy auto got my vote
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Alan, old buddy, are we ever gonna wrap this up and get to the King of the Hill overall winner round?

Yeah, let's do it as soon as we clear the holidays. I need everyone's input since I've got, from least complicated to most, 3 ideas for how to run the Best In Show playoffs:

1) Randomize the 30 current winners and run a head-to-head playoff; OR,

2) Let reigning Kings of the Hill browse a gallery of those strongest late entries already in-thread and, if necessary, surrender their crown before running the playoffs; OR,

3) Allow each of the 30 reigning Kings to defend his crown against all challengers (only cards that haven't already been considered) in a 1-day-of-entries, 1-day-of-voting lightning round before running the head-to-head playoffs.

I'll publicize the finalized rules of the game as we approach playoff-time so everyone can have their say about the option and shall have notice that the playoffs are coming on a date certain.

(12-12-2011, 12:25 PM)warsawknuckles467 Wrote: Alan, old buddy, are we ever gonna wrap this up and get to the King of the Hill overall winner round?
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(12-12-2011, 02:23 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: 3) Allow each of the 30 reigning Kings to defend his crown against all challengers (only cards that haven't already been considered) in a 1-day-of-entries, 1-day-of-voting lightning round before running the head-to-head playoffs.

I'll publicize the finalized rules of the game as we approach playoff-time so everyone can have their say about the option and shall have notice that the playoffs are coming on a date certain.
Actually - this could be fun. If you pre-post the team order (alphabetical makes it easy) and each day post the current leading card for that team then it should be pretty exciting to watch things unfold. I know I missed the first few teams before I discovered the thread (and I've acquired a few more cards since the voting has closed).
[Image: NHL-TorontoMapleLeafsFinal500.jpg]

Collecting vintage Leafs and Orr autos and patches. Also looking for ITG Enshrined and Superlative jumbo emblems too!

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Now Writing Playoff Rules)
I can bring out a few more Kings patches if necessary Wink