`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets all welcome iconms to the club of misery !!

RE: Lets all welcome iconms to the club of misery !!
(08-31-2011, 10:43 PM)wampier Wrote: Congrats ... I have been married for almost 8 years... I don't even look both ways while crossing the street any more,I just go.

Marriage is till death do us part... so at least there is something to look forward to... a way
Best post in this thread, by far.

I may take your advice!!!!

Ah congrats iconms! I'll stay away from busting your balls because I'm gonna be in the same situation this Saturday Smile -- and yea she friggin hates my card collecting habit haha. Oh well for better or worse right lol
[Image: Pirates_AlavarezMcCutchen.jpg]

(08-31-2011, 10:30 PM)grfyfan Wrote: Card spending tips for the married man

#1- Always low ball what you actually spent.
#2- Make sure you are home to check the mail EVERYDAY
#3- Have money put aside for her to get her nails done or get new shoes
#4- Let her open some packs and tell her she found something good
(even if she didn't)
#5- Try to pay with cash or make sure you pay the credit card bill
#6- If she sees you with something new always put it aside and tell her
you love her. (distraction is key)

If anybody else has some good rules. put em up

Congratulations to ICONMS and all other married/attached collecters who have an understanding partner by thier side
***Have money put aside for her to get her nails done or get new shoes*** DING! DING! DING!

As long as you're spending money on her (and pay all the bills of course), your wife won't care that you spend money on cards.

The way I look at it, the more money I spend on her, the more money she allows me to spend on cards.
Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black

(09-01-2011, 11:40 AM)seelye24 Wrote: Ah congrats iconms! I'll stay away from busting your balls because I'm gonna be in the same situation this Saturday Smile -- and yea she friggin hates my card collecting habit haha. Oh well for better or worse right lol
congrats buddy

hey, congrats. my wife and i have been married 31 years, have 2 sons 1 who collects cards with me. we have had a wonderful marriage. marriage is full of compromise and is what YOU make of it! the 1 peice of advice given to me right after our marriage has stuck with me forever. never, ever go to bed mad at one another because you never no when the other might not wake up!!! god bless and hope you have a wonderful life together. JN
Collecting Joey Votto-

[Image: JoeyVottoBanner2.jpg]

"The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love."

Well CONGRATULATIONS-Been married 32 years-Life, along with marriage has ups and downs. Just tough them out. You do not quit life when its hard so never give up on your marriage-it is always a work in progress. I could not and would not want a life without my best friend and soul mate wife. In my eyes she will ALWAYS be perfect for me. Always remember why you fell in love and marriage will be GREAT. You have to give and take both ways. Most importantly learn to swallow your pride and say you are sorry. Always remember your two different people but your one entity. Congratulations on your new and to come, blissful life. Marriage is a wonderful blessing. On a side note-notice most everyone complaining is married and staying that way, most be something wonderful in marriage!
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

Congrats to you Iconms, to all you other guys who have recently or are going to be tying the knot, and to all of you guys who have been married for years.

I have been married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 23 years. There have been ups and downs but anything worth having is worth fighting for.

The biggest piece of advice I would give is just be honest no matter what the subject. When it comes to cards I rarely use household funds to purchase anything card related therefore she cannot complain. I sell on consignment for a couple clients. That funds my hobby. I also give her money from my selling for my daughters dance costumes, choir trips, etc, and for her to buy something for herself now and then.

Best Wishes to all of you for many years of marital happiness.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

Thanks for all the nice messages guys. some good advice too haha.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

[quote='john1580' pid='1691430' dateline='1314844643']

LOL....my wife calls me a loser and says i waste money on cards, and that i have an unhealthy obsession with longoria and braun lol

I believe it's called a man crush! But I have a few as well..

Collecting Joey Votto-

[Image: JoeyVottoBanner2.jpg]

"The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love."

Congratulations!! I've been married ten years myself. As long as your wife knows and feels that she is the most important thing in your life, she should have no problem with your card collecting. Like the other guys said...if you spoil her occasionally she will be more than willing to accomodate. Good luck in your marriage and cherish every day together. Congrats again!
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.