`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets all welcome iconms to the club of misery !!

RE: Lets all welcome iconms to the club of misery !!
Congrats ... I have been married for almost 8 years... I don't even look both ways while crossing the street any more,I just go.

Marriage is till death do us part... so at least there is something to look forward to... a way

(08-31-2011, 09:38 PM)captdolo Wrote: I got my wife to like baseball.... she came name every player on the mets.. all the way through the bullpen actually know about them... she still picks her favorites based on looks and never wants to get rid of anyone

We've seen the Mets play in 8 different stadiums. and more to come

oh this is supposed to be a warning......I have to watch 800 million reruns of Friends, and That 70's show... are they on 24.7?
Me and my wife go to a different stadium every year for the past 6 yrs or so. And she loves baseball now. I took her to game 6 and 7 of the nlcs and she was hooked. We have a great time at games, to the point where i'd rather go with her than one of my buddies to be honest, BUT

that dsnt translate to cards. While honesty is prob the best policy like everyone is saying, i find it easier to use whatever cash i have that she dsn't know about (like from the scrap metal, or poker winnings) on cards without telling her. I've bought from a bunch of guys that will laugh reading this cuz they give me their paypal address and i tell them i have to send cash to avoid the wife knowing, lol...but i spend all my money on the house i'm building and my daughter so i can waste the leftovers and not tell her imo....better than listening to her crap

(08-31-2011, 08:34 PM)john1580 Wrote: Our buddy iconms decided to get married last week, just got back from his honeymoon....so to embarrass him and break his balls i figured id post a thread so all the married guys on here can rip him apart....let er rip
Congrats...., in the words of the great Ralph Kramden "I am King of the Castle" lol
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(08-31-2011, 08:59 PM)cato9er Wrote: ...luckily I've got a good woman who understands
all together now...

hahahahahahah- hah! hahhahah Smile

Congrats dude who got hitched. I have been a slave for 11 years now.

[Image: dodgy.gif]It's awesome!

(08-31-2011, 10:59 PM)john1580 Wrote: Me and my wife go to a different stadium every year for the past 6 yrs or so. And she loves baseball now. I took her to game 6 and 7 of the nlcs and she was hooked. We have a great time at games, to the point where i'd rather go with her than one of my buddies to be honest, BUT

that dsnt translate to cards. While honesty is prob the best policy like everyone is saying, i find it easier to use whatever cash i have that she dsn't know about (like from the scrap metal, or poker winnings) on cards without telling her. I've bought from a bunch of guys that will laugh reading this cuz they give me their paypal address and i tell them i have to send cash to avoid the wife knowing, lol...but i spend all my money on the house i'm building and my daughter so i can waste the leftovers and not tell her imo....better than listening to her crap

Same here! My wife's been a sports fan her whole life (not why I married her, just bonus) but she doesn't understand my collecting. I just don't say anything usually. When I bought a case I said it was my early birthday present. It would have been hard to hide that...and when my birthday actually gets here in 2 weeks hopefully she'll have forgot about the case so I wont have to hear about the boxes I buy! She's pretty good really, doesn't complain about my collecting much. Yet. I'm progressively spending more money on it so she might start complaining...Anyways, congrats iconms. Good luck! My advice (with collecting) is be honest sometimes, that way when you do get caught you can say I swear honey its the only time I've done that, I told you all those other times....

[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(09-01-2011, 02:25 AM)krn001 Wrote: Congrats...., in the words of the great Ralph Kramden "I am King of the Castle" lol
BANG-----Zoooooooooom!! To the moon!!

We have been married 30 years..
She learned to score baseball and became the official scorer for LL and HS and still keeps score for our college kid's games...loves the game and knows a lot about the little rules and strange plays.
She does not understand my cardboard men fetish and complains a bit when I spend lots of $$..but I do not smoke or cheat on her and all is well in Centreville VA!
Marriage is a 2 way street...just watch out for parked cars and dogs running in the road!!!

Welcome to the club! I have been with the same girl for over 6 years and married for 3 this past august and the best advice I can give is choose to be happy, not right!

Congrats!!! I've been in 10 years this past June. It's awesome.

Make sure you let her know every day she is the Queen!!!!!!

(08-31-2011, 10:30 PM)grfyfan Wrote: Card spending tips for the married man

#1- Always low ball what you actually spent.
#2- Make sure you are home to check the mail EVERYDAY
#3- Have money put aside for her to get her nails done or get new shoes
#4- Let her open some packs and tell her she found something good
(even if she didn't)
#5- Try to pay with cash or make sure you pay the credit card bill
#6- If she sees you with something new always put it aside and tell her
you love her. (distraction is key)

If anybody else has some good rules. put em up

Congratulations to ICONMS and all other married/attached collecters who have an understanding partner by thier side
I agree it all works but #6 it should read like " I traded for it"
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]