Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insight needed

Insight needed
Good morning,
I obtained this card recently in a pack of 2022 Topps Series 1 jumbo. 2022 Topps Home Field Advantage #HA10 Vladimir Guerrero Jr.

I initially thought the listed value was an error, but then I looked at recent sales and now Im wondering. 

Isnt it just an insert? Or is it in fact a pricing error?

RE: Insight needed
I'd say that's pretty much in line with other cards in that set.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I haven't looked at the value, did glance at a few sold listings on ebay, and then did a search for odds of pulling them. According to the Beckett article linked below, they're far from an easy pull so not the typical insert set.

"They’re definitely not easy, landing 1:228 hobby packs, or just slightly easier than 1:10 boxes. Odds are the same for retail and blaster packs.

Legendary Home Field Advantage are 1:50,678 hobby, 1:44,104 retail and 1:50,408 blaster packs."

https://www.beckett.com/news/2022-topps-...advantage/

It is surprising what simple-looking cards can be valued, and then you have an autograph numbered to 25 worth only $20.

Yes, I realize it depends on the popularity of the player, but, I have a 1 of 1 gold autograph of a guy currently playing in the majors and I would be lucky to squeeze out $60. In the meantime, there is a card pulled from a pack that is 3-figures without an auto.

It's a case-hit insert so there's going to be a premium. It looks very similar in design to Panini's super popular Downtown insert set, which is also a case hit.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

(04-18-2022, 12:19 PM)cjgiannini Wrote: It's a case-hit insert so there's going to be a premium. It looks very similar in design to Panini's super popular Downtown insert set, which is also a case hit.
Yes, I realize that, but I have received two case hits in the past from hobby boxes and 1 was valued at $25 and the other at $15, of current MLB players.  Not VG Jr, but respected guys.

My real point is that they make 1000's of cases of product, so there are 1000's of case hits, but an autograph of /25 is limited to /25.

(04-18-2022, 10:55 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I haven't looked at the value, did glance at a few sold listings on ebay, and then did a search for odds of pulling them.  According to the Beckett article linked below, they're far from an easy pull so not the typical insert set.

"They’re definitely not easy, landing 1:228 hobby packs, or just slightly easier than 1:10 boxes. Odds are the same for retail and blaster packs.

Legendary Home Field Advantage are 1:50,678 hobby, 1:44,104 retail and 1:50,408 blaster packs."

https://www.beckett.com/news/2022-topps-...advantage/
Looking at the link, I have to say those are quite entertaining - especially the pigeons on the Judge card.

(04-18-2022, 02:01 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Looking at the link, I have to say those are quite entertaining - especially the pigeons on the Judge card.
Ha!  I didn't even notice that.  That's pretty good.  I do like the cheesesteak on the Harper card.  Heading up to Philly area for a brief trip next weekend, may have to partake in one.

Thanks for the info everyone!

Even @ 1 pulled per case, if they are 500 per subject, that's 7,500 cases. That's a lot of cases!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.