`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Panini Instant Miss

2021 Panini Instant Miss
Right at 3 PM EST, Panini released the next batch of Instant cards.  This includes the regular $9.99 that they'll print however many people want, then Versicolor /5 and Black /1.  Justin Fields was in this batch of cards.  I had everything set.  Webpage loaded up.  Logged in.  Ready to go.

Hit refresh 2 seconds before 3.  Add to Cart option was there for the Fields Versicolor.  Hit it.  It was in my cart!  Went to check out.  Verified my address.  Hit Paypal.  Confirmed paymen.  All good!
Then it happened. 
.As I clicked the final button "the item you have in your cart is out of inventory" or something to that effect.

What a bummer.  I hope the 5 people who got it are all Fields fans.

RE: 2021 Panini Instant Miss
I am sorry for the loss, because that would have been one heck of a card to have.

When they loaded in the Jalen Raegor auto-relic /49 for 250 points, I was on the page and started trying to load it in the cart and checked out immediately - I just barely made it - even with 49 cards, it was gone almost immediately (within about 3 minutes) - had I not had it ready to go immediately I wouldn't have gotten it

It's basically impossible to get anything good from Panini anymore - even the overpriced stuff is going fast (like the $60 Elite blasters - they are already sold out!) And if they are loading in points cards and there is one you want, you pretty much have to be on the page as it goes live to get it - otherwise, you have no chance.

Panini involved in something dooshy about cards = Shocker

Interestingly, yesterday, Panini added in the instant stuff not all at once - perhaps trying to foil the bots - they would add each parallel and the base cards separately - although I'm not sure if that doesn't make it even more difficult for individual collectors to get through - although maybe it does by eliminating the high volume errors that enable bots to constantly click through much faster than humans can - but unless you are there at the time they load in the new instant product and can constantly watch for the product you want, I have no idea how that helps. Someone who knows much more about the internet would have to explain if I am right about that being a way to try to foil the bots

I can't believe it happened again. I was in right away a few seconds before 3 PM EST. I was able to add a new Justin Fields Instant Versicolor /5 card (celebrating his first win) to my cart. Went to check out and the site signed me out. I log back in, cart is empty. I go back, I'm able to re-add the Versicolor, and when I go to checkout I get an error "there is an ongoing transaction in your account. Please proceed with it." I checked every menu option in my account and noted nothing special was happening or ongoing.

Rinse repeat the logout cycle and the ongoing transaction alert. Highly disappointed to miss out again on a Fields /5 card. I sent a message to Panini Customer Service and Online Sales with screenshots. I mentioned my disappointment but kept the email factual and respectful. I didn't get a response a couple weeks ago when I sent a similar message when I posted the original thread.

(10-05-2021, 02:30 PM)jplarson Wrote: I can't believe it happened again.  I was in right away a few seconds before 3 PM EST.  I was able to add a new Justin Fields Instant Versicolor /5 card (celebrating his first win) to my cart.  Went to check out and the site signed me out.  I log back in, cart is empty.  I go back, I'm able to re-add the Versicolor, and when I go to checkout I get an error "there is an ongoing transaction in your account.  Please proceed with it."  I checked every menu option in my account and noted nothing special was happening or ongoing.

Rinse repeat the logout cycle and the ongoing transaction alert.  Highly disappointed to miss out again on a Fields /5 card.  I sent a message to Panini Customer Service and Online Sales with screenshots.  I mentioned my disappointment but kept the email factual and respectful.  I didn't get a response a couple weeks ago when I sent a similar message when I posted the original thread.
What??? Panini acted in doosh-like fashion???

I can't believe it!!!

Sorry my friend, that is frustrating.

(10-05-2021, 03:31 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: What??? Panni acted in doosh-like fashion???

I can't believe it!!!

Sorry my friend, that is frustrating.

Thanks dude! So their system finally let me in to order some of the base versions of the card. Then I thought.... wait-a-sec, aren't there other people willing to buy in bulk and resell at a profit?

On the left is my shopping cart from Panini for 2 base Fields cards. On the right is my shopping cart from eBay for 2 base Fields cards. Do I mind waiting an extra week for Panini to ship the cards to the eBay reseller then ship them to me? My friends..... I do not!

(10-05-2021, 03:59 PM)jplarson Wrote: Thanks dude!  So their system finally let me in to order some of the base versions of the card.  Then I thought.... wait-a-sec, aren't there other people willing to buy in bulk and resell at a profit?

On the left is my shopping cart from Panini for 2 base Fields cards.  On the right is my shopping cart from eBay for 2 base Fields cards.  Do I mind waiting an extra week for Panini to ship the cards to the eBay reseller then ship them to me?  My friends.....  I do not!
LOL ... the positive fallout of the Doosh Bubble is that there are incredible deals to be had if you go the singles route.

Not nearly as fun as busting packs, but not nearly that horrible feeling you get when you don't pull anything good, either, and are left with a big stack of cards that you don't have room for.

My latest PC adds - a Spencer Torkelson Pro Debut minor league card for my Tigers PC and a Matt Barkley SP Authentic RC (had never noticed these before, very nice cards) for my Trojans PC for $3.97 shipped ... can't even buy a jumbo pack of Topps Fire for that!

One more thing, did you notice the Panini shipping total for two cards ... $8.50 ... that's just blatant and shameless ... gimme a freaking break!

(Notice the eBay shipping is free ...)

(10-05-2021, 04:07 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: My latest PC adds - a Spencer Torkelson Pro Debut minor league card for my Tigers PC and a Matt Barkley SP Authentic RC (had never noticed these before, very nice cards) for $3.97 shipped ... can't even buy a jumbo pack of Topps Fire for that!
Oh nice that's a fantastic deal!

I actually got an email back from onlinesales@paniniamerica.net in regards to the issue I posted today. Their reply was:

Good afternoon,

I have cleared the ongoing transaction from your cart.

Thanks,

Online Sales

Which completely misses the point that I missed out on a low serial numbered card yet again. Just for good measure, I walked through the shopping cart experience again and it gave me an error "Current customer does not have an active cart.". Then it signed me out again with an error "No such entity with %FIELDNAME = %FIELDVALUE"

I really tried with them. I'm all done. I'll just keep buying singles of my PC off the secondary market and celebrate when Fanatics finally puts Dooshnini into the ground where they belong. The single license clearly benefits the NFL/NFPA, but it completely hurts the consumer. Panini doesn't have to offer to do anything for anyone and there's no accountability. Monopolies suck and while Leaf is fun, they are a niche product that doesn't influence Panini to be better.