`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Sage Hit

2021 Sage Hit
One of my WalMarts had Sage Hit and Leaf Draft.  Guess the sharks don't value them much or they would have been gone.  Have recently been bypassing both of these the last couple of years since the autos are usually undrafted no-names.  Already getting my Aggies from Leaf Draft from foleylion, so passed on that.  Decided to get a box of Sage Hit to see if I could get my Aggies in that set.

Autographs:
Base: Wyatt Davis (Western Michigan), Chris Wilcox (BYU)
Red: D'Wayne Eskridge
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: 2021 Sage Hit
I might have to go check a Wal-Hell around here to see if I can find some of those - might be the only shot to get any 2021 autos with the way hobby prices have gotten

Hey, at least you found some. Hopefully one of those guys has a couple big games and the cards'll be worth something monetary for a week.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

As I mentioned, normally I wouldn't buy Sage Hit. But I have a feeling I won't be seeing much of the Panini product this year. I usually put the Score and Prestige sets together, but not feeling to optimistic this year.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

Apparently Sage hobby boxes are now going for over $200 - used to be a fun break at under $100 with a lot of autographs - and you usually got some good ones

But with the Targets going to only selling cards at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, my generally avoiding Wal-Mart because I worked as a cashier there during a summer in college, and hobby prices getting even more expensive as the year goes on, there is a good chance I will not get any 2021 cards at all. I'm not going to pay $500 or whatever ludicrous price it will be for Prizm Draft Picks

(04-19-2021, 09:14 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Apparently Sage hobby boxes are now going for over $200 - used to be a fun break at under $100 with a lot of autographs - and you usually got some good ones

But with the Targets going to only selling cards at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, my generally avoiding Wal-Mart because I worked as a cashier there during a summer in college, and hobby prices getting even more expensive as the year goes on, there is a good chance I will not get any 2021 cards at all.  I'm not going to pay $500 or whatever ludicrous price it will be for Prizm Draft Picks
Amen brother.  I will be satisfied with picking up singles of my Aggies.

(04-19-2021, 05:42 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Amen brother.  I will be satisfied with picking up singles of my Aggies.
I was thinking that the prices would settle down some - but they haven't - instead they got higher and higher.   And Target has surrendered to the sharks.  I rarely go to Wal-Mart, but the Wal-Mart closest to my house has replaced most of its former card section with drinks and snacks - a pretty clear sign to tell me to not even go there to see if they have cards.

I went by the Target near my office at lunch time today (they didn't even have what I was actually going to get) - and I was surprised to see several boxes of sportscards available on the shelves available for purchase.

No football of course (unless you count the lone blaster of Topps Major League Soccer) but they had Topps Heritage Baseball Mega boxes, Topps Opening Day blasters and Jumbo, Topps Series 1 Tins, and Upper Deck Hockey Series 2 Mega Boxes.

I got 1 Topps Heritage (I actually like the 1972 Topps design) and 2 Upper Deck hockey - I think technically, they allow up to 3 per product, but I didn't want to get too much

(04-21-2021, 01:09 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I got 1 Topps Heritage (I actually like the 1972 Topps design) and 2 Upper Deck hockey - I think technically, they allow up to 3 per product, but I didn't want to get too much
I got some of that Heritage as well.  1972 was the 1st Topps set I put together.  Would do this set if it wasn't so big and had a crap load of SP's.  Of the 3 baseball products I have bought (Topps, Heritage and Donruss)  Donruss has by far giving me the best value.  I think that of the top 20 cards BV-wise I got, 18 were Donruss.

Good luck on your boxes.

(04-21-2021, 04:54 PM)dogger99 Wrote: I got some of that Heritage as well.  1972 was the 1st Topps set I put together.  Would do this set if it wasn't so big and had a crap load of SP's.  Of the 3 baseball products I have bought (Topps, Heritage and Donruss)  Donruss has by far giving me the best value.  I think that of the top 20 cards BV-wise I got, 18 were Donruss.

Good luck on your boxes.
My first year buying a bunch of cards was 1982 - so I'm waiting for 2031 Heritage, I guess.

The Heritage was pretty meh - got the three Target exclusive red border cards, some short prints, a Baseball Flashbacks, a Then and Now, a New Age Performer, and a couple of die cuts.

The hockey was pretty good - highlighted by a Program of Excellence Canvas (1:192 packs) - each box had three Young Guns - not sure if it's anyone good though.  Upper Deck hockey is generally a pretty decent thing to get in retail