`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are Phillies fans happy?

Are Phillies fans happy?
Harper, Phils reach 13-year deal. $330,000,000. That's a lot of zeros.
About $50,000 per plate appearance.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Are Phillies fans happy?
wow!...
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

I almost never like it when players change teams, because then it puts "pressure" on me to get their cards with their new teams.

For example, Vince Carter in basketball ... I originally set out to get a mem or auto card of every team he's been on.

Well in the last few years he's played for Toronto, New Jersey, Orlando, Phoenix, Dallas, Memphis, Sacramento and now Atlanta.

I'm still looking for a Hawks auto or mem card of his.

Plus, this Bryce that I pulled out of the last Target blaster way back in the day loses a little bit of luster for me ...

[Image: Harper1.jpg]

Oh well, guessing Harper will be in Series 2.

I quietly root for the Phillies (I have to pick at least 1 team from every Division). I am okay with it, not excited, as I only have a few Harper cards that are part of complete base or insert sets.

I live next to DC. Lived in Philly for a time with the Navy. My son Pitched for St Joe's (then the independent minors), so had 4 years of Philly radio to and from the DC area. I am glad for the Philly fans...but..when Harper goes through a slump and hits .222 in June..they will tear his intestines out and feed it to him..unforgiving bunch the Philly fans (across all sports).
Should be interesting..however, I would have loved him to stay in DC and become the face of the team like Ryan Zimmerman did..
Bitter sweet for me..

My wife is appalled. Harper will make as much in one at bat as she earns in three years as a school teacher.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(02-28-2019, 04:55 PM)zeprock Wrote: My wife is appalled. Harper will make as much in one at bat as she earns in three years as a school teacher.
Yes +++++++++

Strange world we live in..

(02-28-2019, 04:55 PM)zeprock Wrote: My wife is appalled. Harper will make as much in one at bat as she earns in three years as a school teacher.
Perhaps, but does your wife serve you $8 hot dogs and $6 beverages?

But, but, but collusion. Tony Clark and all these agents need to shut their traps!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

If that Harper loses too much luster lemme know RJ... Smile
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...