Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SHR 2019: Busch out, Suarez in

SHR 2019: Busch out, Suarez in
It looks like it is going to be official very soon here. No real surprise, but:

Kurt Busch is out at Stewart-Haas, and should be announcing that he is signing with Chip Ganassi Racing in a few days.

Daniel Suarez looks to be landing behind the wheel of the 41 Ford.

I'm not sure what that means for Cole Custer, but since he was running the 00 in the XFinity in 2019 anyway (they were not bringing him up yet), it probably means that he has two seasons to win a XFinity championship while they see how Suarez does. Or to see how Bowyer does...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

RE: SHR 2019: Busch out, Suarez in
Is Jamie Mac Out?
Collecting Kyle Larson Haves 729 Different 505*Jeff Gordon Haves 5831 Different 2090*Santa Claus Cards*Sticker Cards*

I told you that Busch was out months ago and replacing McMurray. Wink Big Grin
After the news broke that Furniture Row was shutting down, I thought Suarez would end up in the #41. He's a seat-saver for Custer. SHR really wants to add an NXS title to their accomplishments and Custer is the best option to do that.

He'll replace whichever Cup driver doesn't make the Chase in 2019 or in 2020. That includes Almirola. Or he'll move up when Harvick decides to retire. I'll guarantee that Custer is locked in with SHR for years to come, not by contract but verbally from Tony himself.
(12-02-2018, 10:35 PM)jasonyeager Wrote: Is Jamie Mac Out?
You didn't hear that already? That was news a month or 2 ago. It was about the same time that JTG Daugherty said that Allmendinger wouldn't be back in the #47 next season. I feel like JMac will replace Sadler in the #1 JR Motorsports car in the NXS.

I must of forgot....He is a home town driver I watched when I was young at the local tracks. Just kinda sucks him leaving... But I enjoy all this new talent coming up. Makes the racing better. A lot of changes last few years for sure.. I think Kurt will have better performances the Jamie for sure...If Larson can get top 5 most of the year Kurt should be at least top ten most of the time..
Collecting Kyle Larson Haves 729 Different 505*Jeff Gordon Haves 5831 Different 2090*Santa Claus Cards*Sticker Cards*

(12-02-2018, 10:39 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: After the news broke that Furniture Row was shutting down, I thought Suarez would end up in the #41. He's a seat-saver for Custer. SHR really wants to add an NXS title to their accomplishments and Custer is the best option to do that.

He'll replace whichever Cup driver doesn't make the Chase in 2019 or in 2020. That includes Almirola. Or he'll move up when Harvick decides to retire. I'll guarantee that Custer is locked in with SHR for years to come, not by contract but verbally from Tony himself.
You got it right with this...I actually wrote that i thought Bowyer would retire in 2 years, but i erased it, because i think you are right about Harvick winning a championship and retiring next year or two.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

I'm pretty sure Kevin will retire before Clint. He started in Cup a few years earlier.

Spaz is right suraze is a seat saver for the General
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Bringing this back to life with new info. It's finally official that Suarez is in the #41 for SHR.
After hearing that JMac signed with FOX Sports, I had no idea who would replace Sadler in the JRM #1. It's going to be Noah Gragson moving up from the Trucks. Harrison Burton will replace him in the #18 KBM truck.
In the Cup Series, Corey LaJoie is getting in the #32 vacated by DiBenedetto (in the #95 now). Front Row Motorsports is adding a 3rd car #'d 36 and driven by Matt Tifft. Obaika Racing's #97 will run the full Cup schedule with Tanner Berryhill driving.
Other changes, Tyler Reddick is switching from JRM to RCR in the Xfinity Series. John Hunter Nemechek will be in the #23 GMS Xfinity car for all of 2019. SHR is adding a second Xfinity car #'d 98 and driven by Chase Briscoe. Justin Haley is replacing Ryan Truex in the #11 Kaulig Xfinity car. Blake Koch is back in Xfinity replacing Ross Chastain in the #4 car. Sheldon Creed is moving up from ARCA to race for GMS in the truck series. Also, Allmendinger signed a multi-year deal with NBC Sports Group.
That's a ton of changes. And I didn't even get into all the crew chief changes!

More changes for JR Motorsports!

Gragson will be in the #9 car instead of the #1 car. Michael Annett will move to the #1 taking his points from the #5 car with him. The #5 will not exist in 2019. The #88 car will become the #8 car for 2019 with Zane Smith running 8 races. The rest will be split b/t Ryan Truex, Ryan Preece, Jeb Burton and Spencer Gallagher. Allgaier will stay in the #7 car.