`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best Deal you ever made...

The Best Deal you ever made...
Sometimes in the hobby we get had but sometimes we come out ahead. I would love to hear your favorite trade stories. Here is mine. One of the my buddies had a Michael Jordan rc graded bgs 6 and wanted to upgrade to a 8. After he searched for sometime he found one and we met the guy at a McD's. They finished their deal and I asked what he wanted for the 6. He asked what I had and I showed him an ARod Sp die cut rc (this was when Arod was hot and I had traded a Kobe co-signer auto for it). He said that wasn't quiet enough he would need more and asked if I had cash on me. So I got out everything I had and it came up with $47.38. He said he would do the deal and I said okay. Didn't eat lunch that day but that was good with me because I had a MJ rc bgs 6
[Image: JordanFleerRCBGS6.jpg]

RE: The Best Deal you ever made...
I traded for a Mike Trout auto here on the boards - hard to do!

(01-24-2017, 10:59 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I traded for a Mike Trout auto here on the boards - hard to do!
Trout is a bit allusive for sure

One of my favorite deals (I think there are about 5 or so) that I did was for over 5,500 unopened packs of sports cards from the early 2010's. I wrote about it and posted pictures on my blog as well here: http://tanmanbaseballfan.com/2011/12/550...ess-2.html - it was FUN!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

I don't remember who, but i traded them a Topps US175 Trout RC for (I think) a Brian McCann auto. At the time a fair deal, but that Trout RC tripled (maybe even Quadrupled?) in value over that time while McCann ... he got traded from the Yankees Sad so a great deal for him ... for me? turned out to be only 'okay' ... if he wasn't traded I'd be so much happier.
My best deal in cards was mentioned on another thread. 10 Bo Jackson RCs for a Rickey Henderson RC. Not as amazing as getting a Michael Jordan RC like the OP, but it was pretty decent, looking back.
My best trade ever ... was probably in Comicbooks. But I wont bore you with the details.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

In 1986 I traded my beat up copy of this card plus my 10-speed bicycle to the local sportscaster at the tv station I was working at for this.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Moan and groan if you want, but my best deal is when I gave a card somebody else really wanted in exchange for cards I didn't really want. Why is that a good deal?! Because another collector got what he wanted and THAT made me feel good.

I can be demanding and stubborn at times, but we all should strive to keep this venue as friendly and cooperative as possible.

Thanks for asking!!! Now, as I step off my soap box and get back to work...

I got this in a trade from a member on here (but I can't exactly remember who). I received the card raw, and then sent it out to BGS, came back a 8.5 w/ subs of 8.5,9,9.5,8.5.

[Image: 85af4784-1054-4a80-925d-688d8278a9ec.jpg]

Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

Gzz I think I was on the other end of the Montana trade and the Trout lol

In 2001 my mom bought me a 500 count box of baseball cards. A guy asked her if she collected cards and my mom said "No my son does" after a conversation he said he would sell his whole collection because he did not want his future x-wife to get them so my mom called me and told me his lengthy story. So I agreed to pay him 500.00 for his collection. Little did I know there were complete sets and over 300 1909-1911 T206 cards. I think I made out all right. (still have all but 2 T-206 cards because I had 2 contests which reminds me I think I need to have another Smile)
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]