Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Cardinals Stuff - A Special Cause

RE: Looking for Cardinals Stuff - A Special Cause
add me please
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I was just wondering how the little guy is doing???? I know he and his family don't know me, I'm saying prayers for him anyway.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

I have a cool pennant from the 87 World Series that I could contribute as well as cards.

Update on Josh -

He had a central line fail that was part of his dialysis - it will be replaced during surgery tomorrow. Also we were told that his lungs were in worse shape than when he was admitted this last time.

I want to thank everyone who has sent him a package and if you are thinking about it - please do. Anything to raise this little guy and his families spirits would be much appreciated.

(09-03-2016, 11:11 PM)poolesidesports Wrote: Update on Josh -

He had a central line fail that was part of his dialysis - it will be replaced during surgery tomorrow. Also we were told that his lungs were in worse shape than when he was admitted this last time.

I want to thank everyone who has sent him a package and if you are thinking about it - please do. Anything to raise this little guy and his families spirits would be much appreciated.
PM the address please

Update today from Josh's mom --

His lung situation has gotten worse and worse since they came to St. Jude -- they can stay and hope the drugs he is getting there will solve his problems or they can seek a lung transplant --

The sticky part of the situation is that the longer he stays on treatment the less time he would have if they needed to seek a transplant. If they go the transplant route, they have to stop treatments as they will try to get him as strong as possible for any potential surgeries.

If nothing else this family needs thoughts and prayers for clarity, I cannot imagine having the fate of your child looming over which ever decision they choose to make.

Again if you'd like to send him a package, there is no time like the now. I haven't heard specifics but I was told that they are lifting the spirits of the family - if even for just a few minutes..

Thanks all!

Thanks for all who took the time to read this story and even more thanks to those who sent a package. My wife recieved a text this morning that the family and doctors have decided that there is nothing further that can be done and to only provide medical interventions for comfort.

Per Josh's CaringBridge website
Dear Lord~

Thank you for today. Thank you for a beautiful day together as a family watching Movies and visiting with friends we have made here at St Jude's.

Last night the doctors told us there is nothing else they can do to help Josh. We made the decision to just only do medical interventions that provide comfort. As I lay in bed holding him I still feel You Lord are keeping your promise to heal him even though the circumstances look so dire. I refuse to believe anything else.

Thank you Lord Josh is still here with us. Thank you that despite all the medical predictions he had a good day. Thank you he ate strawberries, grapes, bacon, and cookies. Thank he was awake enough to watch the Ninja Turtle Movie (he slept through it yesterday). Thank you he also partially watch Captain America Civil War. Thank you he spoke to us today. Thank you he responded sweetly to the many people that came in to say goodbye to him.

Thank you for everyone who reached out to us today with concern about why I had not updated. Thank you for the love and support we have received through the years.

Please tell the family I'm sorry, and I'll keep saying a prayer for Josh and for his family.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(09-22-2016, 02:21 PM)bamyanks Wrote: Please tell the family I'm sorry, and I'll keep saying a prayer for Josh and for his family.
Me too
I sent my package hopefully it will arrive today or tomorrow

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/...86831.html

Josh passed away a few days ago, haven't had time to post this. Thanks again to all who sent items to this young man.