Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soft Material "Patch" What is it??

RE: Soft Material "Patch" What is it??
(06-05-2015, 01:57 PM)animie67 Wrote: Hope it wasn't his happy sock Wink
Haha get your mind out of the gutter Smile
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

Ewww.

(06-05-2015, 03:01 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Haha get your mind out of the gutter Smile
HAHAHAHAAH!! Still don't get Patch Card from a Sock? No wonder I don't really collect GU/and Patches. I have a Matt Shoemaker auto patch from 2014 Panini Imaculate, but you can clearly tell it's from the Angels patch logo.

[Image: shoemaker_zpse0enzef2.jpg]

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

This one has got to be a sock and going by the wording o the card its gotta be. also the patch has horizontal lines and those arent noticeable on a jersey. It doesnt say game used jersey anywhere Wink
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

What is so momentous about a sock, show some mercy topps

(06-06-2015, 05:17 AM)dustin12368 Wrote: What is so momentous about a sock, show some mercy topps
Exactly!! I'm seeing these other jumbo patches /5 and they are absolutely amazing looking. Like the Roberto Alomar shown here!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roberto-Alomar-2...7675.l2557

Maybe I should contact Topps? I wonder if the employee put the wrong piece in there?
[Image: image.jpg]

(06-05-2015, 03:01 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Haha get your mind out of the gutter Smile
I was in the Navy for 20 years.... My mind is always in the gutter LOL!!!!
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

(06-06-2015, 09:49 AM)Dub24rollin Wrote: Exactly!! I'm seeing these other jumbo patches /5 and they are absolutely amazing looking. Like the Roberto Alomar shown here!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roberto-Alomar-2...7675.l2557

Maybe I should contact Topps? I wonder if the employee put the wrong piece in there?
The employees wouldn't have hand placed the patch in there. Part of the problem with machine made patch cards is they only do what they're told and can't differentiate between patches, swatches, bat or any other kind of relics. The slightest programming error or relics being fed in no particular order and you get patches in /99 cards and swatches in /15 cards.

If I had to guess, I'd say it had to be from some sort of retro jersey. Maybe part of the collar? It looks like a sock but I'm still holding out hope that Topps isn't adding socks to it's game used memorabilia line.

I was thinking the trim on the sleeve of a Phillies road jersey, perhaps?
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(06-07-2015, 11:51 AM)aprirr Wrote: I was thinking the trim on the sleeve of a Phillies road jersey, perhaps?
I was originally thinking the trim on a throwback collar but the more I look at it it looks like the pants to me.