`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Hit Blasters

2015 Hit Blasters
I saw these out in the local store and picked up the two they have - now, they have 4 autographs per box for $20. For an autograph card collector that is a pretty sweet deal.

Even better is that I actually love this year''s base cards - I know, they have no logos and look cheesy. That is what is awesome about them! The first cards I ever bought were 1981 Donruss Baseball cards when I was 6 - so I'm a huge fan of the cards of the 1970s and 1980s.

here is something awesomely old school about those base cards - they remind me of the cards I bought as a kid - whenever I went to a card shop back as a kid, I was probably buying plain looking 1970s and 1980s cards that might not have had logos on them

the cheesy logoless pictures and colors, for someone of my generation of card collection they really bring you back. Maybe its not to your taste, but I really like them as being retro.

I'm not as big of a fan of the look of their autograph cards this year - the background is black and yellow and while some of the autographs actually pop out pretty good (those that appear to not be signed in black ink), some (the ones signed in black ink) kind of blend into the background - but its hard to complain with 4 autographs in a $20 box.

The autographs I got were

6 black

Malcolm Brown, RB of Texas - CBS projects as about a 6th Round pick - NFL.com lists as a 50% chance to make NFL roster

Brandon Bridge, QB of South Alabama - CBS projects as a 6th Round pick - NFL.com projects as 50% chance to make NFL roster - because Bridge is Canadian, a CFL career is considered a possibility as well if NFL doesn't work out.

Bo Wallace, QB of Mississippi - CBS projects as undrafted - NFL doesn't even seem to list.

Dres Anderson, WR from Utah - CBS projects as 4th-5th round pick, NFL.com lists as good chance to be NFL backup

Laken Tomlinson - OG, Duke - CBS projects as 2nd round pick, NFl.com lists as possible NFL starter

Charles Gaines, CB from Louisville - CBS projects as 3rd or 4th round pick, NFL projects as likely backup/special teams player

2 Red

cameron Erving, listed on card as OT from Florida State, listed by NFL.com and CBS as a center - apparently he played both positions in college. CBS lists as number 1 at position and projects as first round pick mocked to Seahawks at 31 - NFL lists as second at position and projects as likely starter - the highest rated prospect from the 2 boxes

Lorenzo Mauldin - OLB from Louisville - CBS projects as 3rd or 4th round pick - NFL projects as possible starter

Overall, it seems like Sage is offering the same mix of autographs from the blasters they always have - decent OL/defensive prospects, and lower rated offensive prospects. they are just providing more of them.

Overall, I'd rate this product as "recommended for autograph card collectors" - you can't beat 4 autographs for $20. And really, let's give credit to SGE for giving collectors what they promise which is something that other card companies don't always do.

I'd also recommend this product for people who love old school cards - nothing fancy here, but in this modern age there is something refreshing about that.

I'd also recommend this product for value - a good fun open for $20 at at this price, as long as you don't expect anything fancy (and anyone familiar with Hit isn't) you should be happy.

RE: 2015 Hit Blasters
Nice breakdown of the hits. Would love to see some pictures of the base and autos

Wow, should have waited for Hit to come out instead of buying the Leaf w/ 4 autos for 30. Might have to pick one of those up.

4 AUTOS CAN'T GO WRONG.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

I haven't got any good autos out of HITS since 2008, and that was a Regular Danny Woodhead auto. 4 average autos is good but 2 very good auto's is better. I will probably stay away from Hits again this year.

nice break down of product I would think Bridge is better than people think. Nice fun cheap product with a chance to hit some rare card of a no name player that hits big like a Woodhead.

(03-27-2015, 06:14 PM)jplarson Wrote: Nice breakdown of the hits. Would love to see some pictures of the base and autos
Unfortunately I do not have a scanner
(03-27-2015, 06:27 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Wow, should have waited for Hit to come out instead of buying the Leaf w/ 4 autos for 30. Might have to pick one of those up.
I was surprised the price was still $20 for 4 autos. I was expecting it to be $30.
(03-29-2015, 11:44 PM)chrisjoy Wrote: I haven't got any good autos out of HITS since 2008, and that was a Regular Danny Woodhead auto. 4 average autos is good but 2 very good auto's is better. I will probably stay away from Hits again this year.
I'm an autograph card collector so I like that they often have autographs of players - including offensive linesmen, punters, and kickers - who don't get a lot - and sometimes even do not have any other cards.

Of course, all card products are not for everyone.

And remember, Penini, Topps, and Upper Deck all sign a lot of misses too - I've gotten a lot of players who didn't even make it to practice squads out of hobby boxes

(03-30-2015, 07:58 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: And remember, Penini, Topps, and Upper Deck all sign a lot of misses too - I've gotten a lot of players who didn't even make it to practice squads out of hobby boxes
They're still packing out autos of Michael Sam in some of the higher end stuff right now LOL

I agree with you, it's nice to get some of these autos. I have a David Bakhtiari auto from Hit in 2013 that I got in a blaster, and he ended up being a stud of a tackle for the Pack Smile He's only had a Panini "player of the day" auto other than the Sage autos!

Would love to see some pics
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(03-29-2015, 11:44 PM)chrisjoy Wrote: I haven't got any good autos out of HITS since 2008, and that was a Regular Danny Woodhead auto. 4 average autos is good but 2 very good auto's is better. I will probably stay away from Hits again this year.
I actually got a Odell Beckham SP auto out of hit last year
*****READ***READ***READ***READ***READ*****
:IdeaIdea:
I do not guarantee fast shipping.
I usually ship on Saturdays.