IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I want to learn to trade

I want to learn to trade
Hi All,

This is Cyndi Williams (and son Evan),

We have thousands and thousands and thousands of Baseball cards that we have accumulated over the years, and would like to start trading/selling.

We are newbies.

Can anyone tell us how to start with baby steps?

Thanks in advance.
Smile

RE: I want to learn to trade
Well, welcome to the site. Your going to want to subscribe to the online priceguide and load your cards into an organizer, which is basically just a giant check list of the cards you want to trade. You have to make sure as you load your cards, you mark them for trade in the appropriate boxes, which will be self explanatory. From there, other traders can view your cards and initiate trades. You will be able to do the same. When a trade is agreed upon, it is run through Becketts C2C card exchange and an invoice with the traders information will be provided.
P.S. the online priceguide comes in handy because as your trading, a running total is provided so you can match up deals as evenly as you like. If you choose to get it, and when you start loading your cards, your going to want to list the new, unblemished cards as 8's (online standard). Good luck, Matt

Welcome to the site first you need to lookup the card select it then create a folder to trade select the number of cards of that particular you want o trade and put the number to the trade away few small steps to get you started do not be offended when you make your first trade that the other collector ask you to send first just normal procedure around here everyone has done it to gain experience and trust points

Thank you both for the quick replies!

Since we don't really know what we are doing...how do we determine what cards we want to trade FOR? Is there a strategy that y'all use?

And how do we know what we should keep versus what we sell versus what we trade?

It's super overwhelming! I'm certain we have over 20,000 cards. :/

Collecting cards with your kids is fun!!! I learned by collecting with my dad. Ask yourself and your son who do you enjoy watching.
Collecting can be about many different things so you can have a wide range (like all AL teams) or a very small range (like only Nolan Ryan in Rangers Uni) to everything in between.

If you load your cards into your organize, providing you have an online price guide subscription, it will immediately tell you the value of the card. Some people collect for different reasons: favorite player collectors, favorite team, what visually stimulates them, rare or expensive cards, etc. You need to determine what your after and trade accordingly. There is so much out there now. Auto cards, game used, serial numbered, refractors, etc., etc. When trading, dont be tricked into trading your higher dollar value cards for a ton of smaller dollar value cards unless you really want what your getting in return. It would help to familiarize yourself with modern cards and players to see who and what are desirable.

(12-28-2014, 05:58 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: If you load your cards into your organize, providing you have an online price guide subscription, it will immediately tell you the value of the card. Some people collect for different reasons: favorite player collectors, favorite team, what visually stimulates them, rare or expensive cards, etc. You need to determine what your after and trade accordingly. There is so much out there now. Auto cards, game used, serial numbered, refractors, etc., etc. When trading, dont be tricked into trading your higher dollar value cards for a ton of smaller dollar value cards unless you really want what your getting in return. It would help to familiarize yourself with modern cards and players to see who and what are desirable.
Thank you so much! Evan is 12 and a huge baseball fan, and so is his dad. They will need to determine their strategy.

In the meantime, we are adding our cards to the organizer.

WOO HOO! We have liftoff. Smile

Don't forget to have an updated address or you won't be able to trade

(12-28-2014, 07:00 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Don't forget to have an updated address or you won't be able to trade
Thank you! I would have never known.

Welcome! sent you a Trade offer (TO) if you check your C2C section, you should see it.. check through my org and add whatever you like.. thanks!