`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Abreu auto collection

My Abreu auto collection
I hopelessly missed the boat with Trout and Harper. Always thinking those autos will eventually become more affordable. Wrong. So I decided I won't get fooled again. I've been luckier with Abreu and more aggressive, too.
Here's what I got ... So far.

[Image: null_zpsdcfdc648.jpg]
[Image: null_zpsd55d3e59.jpg]
[Image: null_zpsf97c20ce.jpg]
[Image: null_zpsc7cd6567.jpg]

And waiting on a Topps Chrome redemption.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My Abreu auto collection
As I PC Abreu, I'm gonna need those from ya, Doc.

Way to get in early. His cards will be going up in December.

(10-25-2014, 07:25 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Way to get in early. His cards will be going up in December.
Actually, I'm hoping he has an amazing 2nd season. That'll be the clincher.
The highway leading to Cooperstown is strewn with the discarded hopes of 1000's of first year phenomenons. Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I hear that. But if the cards go up enough for you to jump ship and still make a profit if he starts to tank next season, then a win is a win. I dont think he will. He appears to have to much talent. I cant help but think of the big hurt when I watch him.

(10-25-2014, 07:43 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: I hear that. But if the cards go up enough for you to jump ship and still make a profit if he starts to tank next season, then a win is a win. I dont think he will. He appears to have to much talent. I cant help but think of the big hurt when I watch him.
True, true! And agree.
The same uniform and prodigious home runs help with The Big Hurt similarities. Smile
Frank did post game commentary yesterday .... Guy still looks like he could suit up and knock a few outta the ballpark!

Yup he does. Abreu hits for a pretty good average too. Looking forward to meeting him next Saturday.

(10-25-2014, 01:49 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Yup he does. Abreu hits for a pretty good average too. Looking forward to meeting him next Saturday.
Where are you meeting him?
(10-24-2014, 11:14 PM)wordsense Wrote: As I PC Abreu, I'm gonna need those from ya, Doc.
We'll talk. right now I'm holding onto them .... But no reasonable Jeter trade offer will go unconsidered Smile

lol I'm sure you have any Jeter I have that would be worthy. sure I PC Jeter, but something tells me, your Jeter PC dwarfs mine.

I didn't show you the Jeters I pulled from Update, did I? 3 relics. The All Star Stitches, 2000 World Series MVP Patch (from a blaster), and Trajectory Jumbo jersey.

He will be one of the many signers at the GBSCC show in Wilmington, MA next Saturday. The show is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. He's only scheduled to be there on Saturday. Highliggts include Tom Glavine, Roberto Alomar, Steve Carlton, Jason Varitek, Curt Schilling and many others.