`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6

RE: case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6
(06-24-2014, 03:09 PM)decriscio619 Wrote: if you have any yankees base team set would you sell one?
Absolutely!
Just series 2 .. With or without Tanaka?
(06-24-2014, 03:10 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: No redemptions? No missed hits? Obviously this case was meant for someone else, Doc. It seems a little too solid and/or complete to be one of yours Big Grin
I kept waiting for it, and waiting for it, but nothing disappointing! Weird, right?
If this keeps up, I might have to revise my signature! Smile
(06-24-2014, 04:38 PM)glassnickels Wrote: Nice stuff! I believe clear parallels were hobby boxes only, not in jumbo. So that explains that...I was bummed too.
Ah-ha! I think you're right. I'm going to buy a couple of blasters and try my luck on color parallels ... Maybe pick up a hobby box, too. I'm in this deep already, might as well be 'all in' LOL
(06-24-2014, 04:29 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Wow on the Freeman. I will open PC stuff to get that one from you!!
I really like the Freeman card, but it doesn't mean I won't listen to a reasonable offer. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: case break: 2014 Series 2 Jumbo: box #1: box #2, box #3, box #4, box #5, and box #6
(06-24-2014, 04:49 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Absolutely!
Just series 2 .. With or without Tanaka?

I kept waiting for it, and waiting for it, but nothing disappointing! Weird, right?
If this keeps up, I might have to revise my signature! Smile

Ah-ha! I think you're right. I'm going to buy a couple of blasters and try my luck on color parallels ... Maybe pick up a hobby box, too. I'm in this deep already, might as well be 'all in' LOL

I really like the Freeman card, but it doesn't mean I won't listen to a reasonable offer. Smile
Shoot me a PM of what it would take to get it and i will see what offer i can come up with.

Keep me in mind for those three Cardinals autos. Thanks.

(06-24-2014, 09:42 PM)cspen Wrote: Keep me in mind for those three Cardinals autos. Thanks.
Absolutely!
In summation, here's how my case broke down. Like I mentioned, overall, very happy with the case!
More Yankees and More Color s/n cards would have been great, but it is what it is. I'd buy a jumbo again.
I have lots of base cards ... Putting together team sets, RC sets and FS sets if interested

Cards Marked With (*)= FT if interested

Case hit/extra hit
Griffey Gold Frame /99, *Prado silk /50 & *Vargas plate 1/1

Autos:
*Lake, *Seigrist, *Bourjos, Wong, *Gose, & Freeman /10 auto patch (not trading FF unless its a great offer)

GU relics:
*Carpenter, *Hicks, *Leake, Machado, Freeman /99, Votto /25 (not trading JV or FF unless its a great offer)

Ring Cards:
*Pedro Martinez, *Luis Gonzalez, *Juan Gonzalez, *McGwire, *Palmeiro /25, Carew /99 (traded)

Sabrmetrics:
*Pedroia, *Cabrera, *Sale, *Werth

Future Stars USA/Futures game uni:
Trout,, Profar, Tanaka, *Middlebrooks

Black /63
*Willingham, Gray, *Dubront, Nova

Camo /99
*Jennings, *Gordon

Sparkle:
Wright, *BJ Upton

Trade preferences: Yankees over other teams, and Like for Like.
i.e. Yogi Berra Ring card for McGwire Ring, 2014 Topps Ivan Nova auto for 2014 Topps Peter Bourjos auto
Camo for Camo, Sparkle for Sparkle, /63 for /63, etc. ... Or 1 better Yankee auto for 4 good GU cards.
all other offers considered, but these prefs will make me move much quicker. I'm also really bad with browsing 4,000 + cards in a trade folder ... It takes me a long time, be patient if sending me an open ended offer.
Thanks!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-25-2014, 03:18 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Absolutely!
In summation, here's how my case broke down. Like I mentioned, overall, very happy with the case!
More Yankees and More Color s/n cards would have been great, but it is what it is. I'd buy a jumbo again.
I have lots of base cards ... Putting together team sets, RC sets and FS sets if interested

Cards Marked With (*)= FT if interested

Case hit/extra hit
Griffey Gold Frame /99, *Prado silk /50 & *Vargas plate 1/1

Autos:
*Lake, *Seigrist, *Bourjos, Wong, *Gose, & Freeman /10 auto patch (not trading FF unless its a great offer)

GU relics:
*Carpenter, *Hicks, *Leake, Machado, Freeman /99, Votto /25 (not trading JV or FF unless its a great offer)

Ring Cards:
*Pedro Martinez, *Luis Gonzalez, *Juan Gonzalez, *McGwire, *Palmeiro /25, Carew /99 (traded)

Sabrmetrics:
*Pedroia, *Cabrera, *Sale, *Werth

Future Stars USA/Futures game uni:
Trout,, Profar, Tanaka, *Middlebrooks

Black /63
*Willingham, Gray, *Dubront, Nova

Camo /99
*Jennings, *Gordon

Sparkle:
Wright, *BJ Upton

Trade preferences: Yankees over other teams, and Like for Like.
i.e. Yogi Berra Ring card for McGwire Ring, 2014 Topps Ivan Nova auto for 2014 Topps Peter Bourjos auto
Camo for Camo, Sparkle for Sparkle, /63 for /63, etc. ... Or 1 better Yankee auto for 4 good GU cards.
all other offers considered, but these prefs will make me move much quicker. I'm also really bad with browsing 4,000 + cards in a trade folder ... It takes me a long time, be patient if sending me an open ended offer.
Thanks!
I hope the "traded" next to Carew means to me and that someone didn't beat me to it.
Kepler

(06-25-2014, 01:05 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I hope the "traded" next to Carew means to me and that someone didn't beat me to it.
Yep, someone swooped in and offered me a couple of Dillon Maples auto cards for it, and I didn't want to Miss the Boat on the hottest prospect this side of Rock Shoulders! Smile (is Rock still a prospect?)
Just kidding.
Our deal is in the works, so it's as good as yours already. Now if you just throw in that Kilebrew, Oliva dual auto ball, that card would already be sent Smile

Hey, funny story .... 1964 Twins vs KC A's my older friend, Dan Pfister is pitching and sets some record for giving up the most consecutive HRs to Olivia, Killebrew, Allison, and Hall. (3/4)
[Image: 4fec19ce91d5c921becbf87cd7250275_zps409956fc.jpg]
So that great pitching exhibition got him sent down to the minors. Later that season he gets called up and his first pitching appearance is ... Against the Twins ... He proceeds to bean either Allison, Olivia, and/or Killebrew ... For getting him sent down! Back then retribution was okay Smile
Anyway, thought you'd enjoy the story Smile

Haha that is a pretty cool story. The twins could mash in those days. Killer was exactly that, Allison was a bopper, pre-knee injuries oliva was apparently amazing and I think hall had the AL rookie HR record for a long time.

No shame and an awesome story.
Kepler

(06-25-2014, 09:58 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Haha that is a pretty cool story. The twins could mash in those days. Killer was exactly that, Allison was a bopper, pre-knee injuries oliva was apparently amazing and I think hall had the AL rookie HR record for a long time.

No shame and an awesome story.
Thanks ... But Danny tells it better Smile

If interested, I just pulled another Mike Leake GU card, that's FT,too!

Thanks for posting your breaks. I really enjoy looking at your hits : )