`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players on PED reports

Players on PED reports
After the Mitchell report and others. There were a number of names on the list. My question is should one stay away from collecting these players? Bonds, Sosa, Clemens ect.

RE: Players on PED reports
Completely dependent on each person. If someone likes one of those players for whatever reason and wants to collect them, have at it. If the PED use is an issue for someone, then that's a good reason for them not to.

My take on it is what's done is done... It's all baseball history the entire era was tainted. It bothers me that still til this date Clemens, Bonds, McGwire and Sosa are the dark horses of the era. What about Manny, Ortiz, and Petite? Because they played for the Yankees and Red Sox? Everyone tends to forget Ortiz was a part of the report as well, but no one says anything about him especially after his World Series Run last season

Clemens, Bonds, McGwire and Sosa are all Hall of Famers in my book (No positive test), It wasnt illegal during the time they played and in 1998-2002 no one gave a sh*t becuase everyone was getting paid within MLB. And fans where back in the stands from the strike in 1994 thanks to Sosa and McGwire!!!
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(05-28-2014, 09:44 AM)stwainfan Wrote: After the Mitchell report and others. There were a number of names on the list. My question is should one stay away from collecting these players? Bonds, Sosa, Clemens ect.
I vote YES.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(05-28-2014, 09:50 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Completely dependent on each person. If someone likes one of those players for whatever reason and wants to collect them, have at it. If the PED use is an issue for someone, then that's a good reason for them not to.
+1. Open and shut......

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(05-28-2014, 10:02 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: My take on it is what's done is done... It's all baseball history the entire era was tainted. It bothers me that still til this date Clemens, Bonds, McGwire and Sosa are the dark horses of the era. What about Manny, Ortiz, and Petite? Because they played for the Yankees and Red Sox? Everyone tends to forget Ortiz was a part of the report as well, but no one says anything about him especially after his World Series Run last season

Clemens, Bonds, McGwire and Sosa are all Hall of Famers in my book (No positive test), It wasnt illegal during the time they played and in 1998-2002 no one gave a sh*t becuase everyone was getting paid within MLB. And fans where back in the stands from the strike in 1994 thanks to Sosa and McGwire!!!
I agree With rad_205. These players wernt the only who used PEDS back then. It was one of those accepted practices that MLB acted as if they wanted to stop it however ignored the use as well because of the revenue these players brought in by fan attendance. Now I dont agree with the whole PED use I think athletes should play on raw talent alone without the use of supplements. I also agree that the players from that era who have the numbers should be considered for the Hall of Fame but I also think Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame to based on performance not behaivor.

Same advice before and after Mitchell Report et al...

Collect whomever/whatever you want to collect for whatever reason you want to collect it.

No need to justify your choice to anyone but yourself.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(05-28-2014, 03:52 PM)ceocards Wrote: Same advice before and after Mitchell Report et al...

Collect whomever/whatever you want to collect for whatever reason you want to collect it.

No need to justify your choice to anyone but yourself.
Well said. I still collect Carlos Ruiz even though he was suspended and still have my McGwire, Sosa, Palmero, etc rookie cards. As it was said above "What's done is done" is also my opinion.

Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

I still collect Aroid. Too bad he wont get to break the HR record now.......
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Oh this conversation has been the reason behind many a arguement between us at work! But I stick with my arguement, they took PED's so they shouldn't be in the HOF. They wouldn't have been in the report if there wasn't crediable evidence and the reports have been pretty accurate.

Yes the era was tainted and flooded by roids and people turned a blind eye to it because it was exciting and did put people in the seats but in the end they cheated the sport. I know it doesn't improve hand and eye coordination but they don't call them PERFORMANCE ENHANCING for no reason.

I won't collect those players but as mentioned by another person, if people want to collect them then thats fine.

(05-28-2014, 10:02 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: My take on it is what's done is done... It's all baseball history the entire era was tainted. It bothers me that still til this date Clemens, Bonds, McGwire and Sosa are the dark horses of the era. What about Manny, Ortiz, and Petite? Because they played for the Yankees and Red Sox? Everyone tends to forget Ortiz was a part of the report as well, but no one says anything about him especially after his World Series Run last season

[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones