`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Museum break : Redemption replacement, You want believe this, even if Topps

Topps Museum break : Redemption replacement, You want believe this, even if Topps
Months ago I bought a box of 2013 Topps Museum and hit a stinking redemption card. The card was an autographed bat card of Tigers Alex Aliva and I am not sure of the numbering.

I waited and waited and waited some more and finally called Topps about a replacement on the card. I was only on hold for 27, not 42 minutes like the last time I called them before I got to speak with their customer service rep.

He said the card was eligible for replacement due to being outstanding for so long. So I asked for a replacement. I live the Dallas area so I mentioned it would be nice to get a Rangers card as a replacement.

Mail arrives today with delivery confirmation. The package seems super thick, so I am thinking for once Topps has taken care of us collectors!!!

Rip into the package and the reason the package is so think if because they used three fake card board fillers on BOTH side of the card.

Odd because I can see the card and I can tell this is just an auto, no relic / mem because the card is too thin.

Rip into the package!

Wait

Wait

What will was it????????

Was it a super card????????

Unbelievable, this was the card!

[Image: GoodPulls827.jpg]

Don't you think that is a great BASEBALL CARD???????

RE: Topps Museum break : Redemption replacement, You want believe this, even if Topps
All I can ask is ....... WTF?
Unreal.
Lesson learned. Don't ever ask for a replacement!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Topps Museum break : Redemption replacement, You want believe this, even if Topps
Hes the best Tight End for the Colt .45's. I think he had 35 homers and a 65% free throwing percentage along with several hat tricks and even a double eagle! I'll totally trade for that card. How about a 1/1 Ace of spaces from a poker deck? ..................................ha craziness.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Ummmm.................

Topps did the same thing to me on UFC. I had a redemption for Chan Sung Jung (Korean Zombie) and after 6 months I asked for a replacement, gave them a list of 4 fighters I like and they sent me an Albert Belle Autograph.

I'm telling you, Topps is god-awful with redemptions and replacements.

Some other member posted a thread about how he has some redemption for a triple auto relic of Verlander, Cabrera and Fielder, and they offered him a Trout/Cespedes/Montero as a replacement ... yet he didn't take it.

I'm not criticizing his decision ... it's his card, and I hope he gets it (as a Tigers fan I would LOVE to see it), but I'm thinking man, I would bet my right arm that he will never see that card.

I mean, this is a perfect example ... they can't even get the sport right!?!

well as a colts collector id be happy to trade you some baseball for it!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I would LOVE to work for Topps and clean up their entire customer service department ... redemptions, replacements, etc.

Obviously there has to be something more to it if they are doing such a poor job at it ... but I can guarantee you this ... if nothing else, I would AT LEAST make sure you got the right sport as a replacement!

I got the name of who I believe is the head of Topps customer service and left him two voice mails today. He did not call me back, so I will call again tomorrow morning.

I have a Museum Nolan Ryan Canvas auto numbered to 10 that is also outstanding and the customer service rep asked me when I was requesting the Avila exchange if I wanted to exchange the Ryan auto.

Of course I said "NO"

If I had agreed to exchange, more than likely they would have sent me a Michael Egnew auto as a replacement.

Makes you want to get out of the hobby and I have been in this for longer than most board members have been alive.

Awful customer service!
Here is my copy of the redemption. Redeemed on line on May 15, 2013 and I requested the replacement on August 28th.

[Image: GoodPulls830.jpg]

(09-23-2013, 10:47 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I would LOVE to work for Topps and clean up their entire customer service department ... redemptions, replacements, etc.
Obviously there has to be something more to it if they are doing such a poor job at it ... but I can guarantee you this ... if nothing else, I would AT LEAST make sure you got the right sport as a replacement!
Too bad it's not an elected position! You'd have my vote, RJ!
Its not so much that they got the sport wrong, because If he got an RGIII instead, that would be acceptable. Smile I'm upset that they don't replace within the same set. If I bought Muesum, replace with Museum! If not, Five Star is close enough. But seriously? How can they be so consistently WRONG?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.