`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Just pay for your items already!

RE: Just pay for your items already!
(08-28-2013, 07:04 PM)rentzington Wrote: on the flip side of that i'm getting tired of some sellers taking their time shipping.
I had to open a case on one item because its been 10days and no status.

Pretty sure the guy just doesnt want to send it because it went too cheap
I get this a lot. The last thing I bought probably went too low for their liking. Took almost 2 weeks for them to ship it. That's after they whacked me for $3.50 shipping on one card. Another thing that has happened more than once is the card is shipped, tracks as delivered, but never shows up at my house. Anybody else have this happen?

Of course, I have all but stopped selling on ebay since the buyer pretty much can do or say anything he wants at this point and the seller gets hosed.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

Thats why I never buy anything on eBay if I can't pay the second I win. It makes everything go smoothly if you hold up your end as the buyer and the seller holds up theirs.
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

I remember back in 2002, when I first got on eBay. That was before eBay bought out PayPal. You could use any form of payment and it could even be stated as such in the eBay listing. IF you used PayPal to Pay, you were guaranteed next day shipping. What ever happened to that?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-28-2013, 07:07 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I used to take money orders and have no problem doing so, however, I listed an item using an old template the said I would take Pay Pal and Money Orders only, and when I went to list it, I got a little message saying that taking MO's as payment would no longer be accepted.

Obviously this is because eBay and Pay Pal are the same and they can hit you up three times for fees if the buyer uses Pay Pal.

That's a pain as well. When I sell, if you pay, it goes out either that day or the next. I'd expect the same when I buy something, but I understand not everyone has the same policy.
Thats such a pain, years ago I would ONLY take money orders and never had an issue. From time to time people will ask if a money order is alright, and I'll let them pay that way, I wasn't aware they totally took away the option. That doesn't seem right.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(08-29-2013, 09:16 AM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: Thats such a pain, years ago I would ONLY take money orders and never had an issue. From time to time people will ask if a money order is alright, and I'll let them pay that way, I wasn't aware they totally took away the option. That doesn't seem right.
scammers ruined it. theres no proof of transaction of payment, and sellers got away with murder

if you are wondering how ebay got so one-sided in favor of buyers: blame bad sellers
and again, you can still accept money orders and checks. you just cant advertise that fact. if a buyer comes to you after the fact and asks if if they cany that way, you still can

cash, as always, is forbidden period. if you pay by cash, you deserve to get shook

I used to have people pay with cash once in a while. When I got their cash, I'd send their item. However, how many people would have just pocketed the money and not sent the item claiming the money never came?

I'm guessing I'm not getting paid for the remaining 5 items I sold. The worst part is you can't even leave feedback saying so. The one guy that bought a bowling ball from me has 100% positive feedback, until you actually go through it and see that he didn't pay for 3-4 items, and the sellers left positive feedback to warn others that the guy didn't pay, since there is no other way to communicate that with people.

[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(08-29-2013, 07:46 AM)glassnickels Wrote: I get this a lot. The last thing I bought probably went too low for their liking. Took almost 2 weeks for them to ship it. That's after they whacked me for $3.50 shipping on one card. Another thing that has happened more than once is the card is shipped, tracks as delivered, but never shows up at my house. Anybody else have this happen?

Of course, I have all but stopped selling on ebay since the buyer pretty much can do or say anything he wants at this point and the seller gets hosed.

I ended up opening a case with eBay to send them a msg and I've had 0 response
I'm close to saying screw it and let eBay take over

First time I've had an issue getting what I bought.

(08-30-2013, 12:21 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I used to have people pay with cash once in a while. When I got their cash, I'd send their item. However, how many people would have just pocketed the money and not sent the item claiming the money never came?

I'm guessing I'm not getting paid for the remaining 5 items I sold. The worst part is you can't even leave feedback saying so. The one guy that bought a bowling ball from me has 100% positive feedback, until you actually go through it and see that he didn't pay for 3-4 items, and the sellers left positive feedback to warn others that the guy didn't pay, since there is no other way to communicate that with people.
That takes away the whole purpose of feedback. Buyers definitely need to have the fear of receiving a negative if they don't pay.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(08-30-2013, 02:52 PM)jhyde77 Wrote: That takes away the whole purpose of feedback. Buyers definitely need to have the fear of receiving a negative if they don't pay.
I totally agree. eBay is becoming a pain.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(08-30-2013, 03:02 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I totally agree. eBay is becoming a pain.
This is easier said than done. While Ebay is making these changes that only benefit the buyer, Beckett should take advantage of their name and start a good quality collectibles auction site with lower fees and more payment options (including checks and money orders), and a good feedback system that warns buyers and sellers. A good quality auction site could also bring more traffic for the Marketplace and for trades.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.