`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What are your thoughts of charlie manuel fired and Ryne sandberg taking his place?

What are your thoughts of charlie manuel fired and Ryne sandberg taking his place?
I come back from a twins game and here this. That '08 world series champion manager got fired and 2nd baseman HOFer Ryne Sandberg taking the job. Your thoughts??????
DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS MINOR-DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK

RE: What are your thoughts of charlie manuel fired and Ryne sandberg taking his place?
Well, Manuel hasn't been making the team produce the way they should. It's not all his fault but the Manager is usually the one that pays the price when the team fails. From what I understand Ryno was a very good manager in the minors so it will be interesting to see how he handles the big league players and their attitudes. I think he will have the players respect to begin with which is huge.

I'm rooting for him!
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

RE: What are your thoughts of charlie manuel fired and Ryne sandberg taking his place?
As Joe Torre once said, a manager is hired to eventually be fired.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Stay classy Philly -_____- now I know why I don't like any of the Philly teams except the Union MLS team
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

I thought it was the right move. And they gave Charlie his proper respect, it wasn't a nasty firing. Philly needed to hit the restart button
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Think it was time for Charlie to go. Really like him as a person (met him at a card show), very fan friendly & he loves Philly. This team is really, really bad and lifeless. Alot of young guys feeling thier way around who are not producing and a clubhouse where most of the players do not like each other (from what I hear)

I'm rooting for Ryan as he is my teams manager, however don't think there is much he can do with what he has unless the young guys, esp. the bullpen, produce.

As the Brooklyn Dodgers fans use to say...Wait til next year. Go Phils!
(08-17-2013, 09:01 AM)Racinghy Wrote: Stay classy Philly -_____- now I know why I don't like any of the Philly teams except the Union MLS team
Why, thier horrible.......

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-17-2013, 09:30 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Why, thier horrible.......

Better than half the other teams in the MLS.....at least they got Le Toux back Big Grin
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

I think It was time, his contract would have been over at the end of the year anyways. SO I guess they wanted to see what Ryno can do these last weeks, dont know what they expect him to do with this team but we'll see.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Bad for Charlie, Good for Ryno.
NL East is a hot mess right now ... except for Atlanta, who ran away from the pack (15+ games up??)
Charlie will have some company ...Other NL East managers will see the axe before this season is done.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-19-2013, 12:13 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Bad for Charlie, Good for Ryno.
NL East is a hot mess right now ... except for Atlanta, who ran away from the pack (15+ games up??)
Charlie will have some company ...Other NL East managers will see the axe before this season is done.
Nah....other than Johnson (Nat's) who is retireing the rest are good.

Hard to get a feel for the Marlins...it's either the manager or all the players they get rid of LOL...I ke your closer though...you called it at the beginning of the season!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.