`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
*sigh* manzel!

RE: *sigh* manzel!
(08-05-2013, 06:33 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: WHY DOES A COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER NEED AN LLC! Dear lord!
Because a ton of folks are making a Killing off of "Johnny football". - tshirts, posters, etc.

Just trying to secure the title when he goes pro.

No hate there. Because he's turned TA&M into a National name. I've been a fan since early 1980s. Nobody's known them before this year.

People are profiting off of his name and "nickname". The sponsors are coming out of wood works and dumping money on the University because of this kid. Expanding the stadium because of this kid. Texas A&M is making a ton - TV deals, sponsors, blah blah blah....because of this

I'm afraid Manziel has deeper issues the just "I'm the Man" complex.

I'll say this: Blair Walsh- Vikings kicker. F'in bada$$. Also a F'in headcase at Georgia. Couldn't hit crap his last year - Talent out the friggin wazoo. Unbelievable. If you didn't watch him as a Sophomore and Junior (why would you if you weren't a UGA fan).... You had no idea. F'in beast. Gets drafted by the Vikings....who knows what happens....mentally, he's back - he's a friggin beast!!!

Walsh? He's the next Kevin Butler. Manziel - I'm hoping he gets the professional treatment that the NFL can provide.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(08-05-2013, 07:56 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Sorry, LOL, I meant that him signing autographs for re-sale has been going on for a while, whether or not he got paid for them ... so this story isn't really anything new.

It seems to me that if some slime ball approached him and said "Hey, yo, sign all of this stuff for me," wouldn't he ask what the guy was going to do with it?

"Oh, OK, sounds great, let's go back to my room and I'll sign all of it for you, free!"

I mean, it's one thing to sign a ball at a game and have someone put it on eBay or what not ... in that situation I guess you'd try to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

But a dude with a sack of stuff that shows up at your hotel?

I HIGHLY doubt it wasn't pre-arranged. He knew what the deal was, and now every other A&M player, fan, coach, etc. is going to have to pay for it if he gets busted.

And what does he care? He's going to go pro either next year or in the supplemental draft, so he's outta there.

I don't know, to each his own, I would never tell anyone else who or what they should collect, I'm just saying I won't be chasing him, that's all. Not really the kind of guy I root for.
Agreed...i just bid because it was 99 cents Tongue lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(08-05-2013, 09:40 PM)ugameck Wrote: Because a ton of folks are making a Killing off of "Johnny football". - tshirts, posters, etc.

Just trying to secure the title when he goes pro.

No hate there. Because he's turned TA&M into a National name. I've been a fan since early 1980s. Nobody's known them before this year.

People are profiting off of his name and "nickname". The sponsors are coming out of wood works and dumping money on the University because of this kid. Expanding the stadium because of this kid. Texas A&M is making a ton - TV deals, sponsors, blah blah blah....because of this

I'm afraid Manziel has deeper issues the just "I'm the Man" complex.

I'll say this: Blair Walsh- Vikings kicker. F'in bada$$. Also a F'in headcase at Georgia. Couldn't hit crap his last year - Talent out the friggin wazoo. Unbelievable. If you didn't watch him as a Sophomore and Junior (why would you if you weren't a UGA fan).... You had no idea. F'in beast. Gets drafted by the Vikings....who knows what happens....mentally, he's back - he's a friggin beast!!!

Walsh? He's the next Kevin Butler. Manziel - I'm hoping he gets the professional treatment that the NFL can provide.
One of the Contenders RC autos I traded for my Cam = Blair Walsh!

How about that, Mister Guy!

First let me say that Johnny Manziel is one of my least favorite athletes. I actually dislike him more for the other things he's done and the way he carries himself etc, long before this scandal.

However, I can't blame ANYONE for trying to make money off of Manziel and his likeness right now. Now of course I can blame Manziel for being a rule breaker, but as far as anyone else, I think its a smart move to sell high.

This sport, and ESPECIALLY this hobby is a here today gone tomorrow attitude. If you don't believe look how much people will pay for a Marcus Lattimore autograph over a Frank Gore autograph. Look at what they will pay for a Lamar Miller over a Ronnie Brown. An Alfred Morris over a Clinton Portis (HOFer?). This list goes on and on as a new crop of rookies comes out. Chris Johnson was the hottest thing around 5 years ago. Larry Johnson? I remember selling a card of his for $150. Now I could probably buy it back for $1.50.

Despite being the BETTER player, the hobby only cares about who is next up. The future is uncertain for Johnny Manziel but what is certain is he has star power right now, and thus can be profited off of right now. If he gets to the NFL and is a bust or just mediocre, his stuff will never sell for what it does right now. So that being said your should strike while the iron is hot if you are a shrewd businessman.
Looking for Carson Wentz Autos and Notre Dame Autos

looks like he will walk... as usual, spoiled and rich athletes getting away with anything they want... above the law, got to love it...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--ncaa...00448.html
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

not only this incident but he has other multiple incidents that are questionable already in the NFL let alone college still. he may not be the next aaron hernandez but if he keeps this crap up people will take it as that and he wont have any future.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(08-05-2013, 06:08 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Meh.

Not into Manziel at all.

You're hoping for Russell Wilson but probably looking at Doug Flutie, which isn't terrible, I guess.

Which isn't a very ringing endorsement.

Very, very entitled young man there ... clearly not getting it ... and now this auto thing comes up.

Funny, hasn't he been signing cards for Leaf for over a year now?

Yeah, because THEY are nowhere near shady and would NEVER pay him to sign their cards ... see Leaf's "best of" products for more.

And NONE of the "special investigators" at ESPN have even picked up on the Leaf angle ... I'd look there first!
I couldnt have said it better myself. But I would be surprised if he did as well as Flutie. Its like before the Espys, in a commercial RG3 refers to him as , "that little guy".... Manziel is a lil twerp. How he can see over his offensive line amazes me. And if he thinks he can run in the NFL, he is in for a whole world of hurt. I just cant see this guy making it in the NFL.... Am I so wrong here?... What am I missing?
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

(08-06-2013, 05:05 AM)superynaldo Wrote: looks like he will walk... as usual, spoiled and rich athletes getting away with anything they want... above the law, got to love it...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--ncaa...00448.html
Well, there's not going to be any proof he received payment (and no reason he should have ever needed to receive payment in the first place). Without proof, what should the NCAA do (don't look to Penn State case for your answer)?

I have an interest in this guy because I was able to keep him this year in fantasy. He is probably the biggest thing to ever hit fantasy, college or pro, so I pay attention to the things he does since if he stays healthy, I have a leg up on the rest of my league.

He's definitely an idiot. He's definitely spoiled. I would hate to be an A&M fan just holding on for deal life for the season to start, hoping he doesn't blow his own foot off, seeing he's the lynchpin in their national title hopes.

The kid needs to realize he needs to lay low, just for another year, tops. Then he can do what he wants. Im just afraid he, and his parents, are just too stupid to realize it.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

Lol this is why I didn't jump on the A&M bandwagon, i'm a U of Texas kid!
[Image: Desertfox24.gif]

Collecting Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Dallas Cowboys!
Also collecting: Dez Bryant, Keke Coutee, Jorvorskie Lane, Ken Houston and Reggie McNeal

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/D...1/library/

Aggies are remedial students, what did you expect???
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos