Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redemption qiestion ????

Redemption qiestion ????
i have 2 low end un-redeemed redamptions:

2011 finest Zach Britton X-Fractor auto /299

2011 finest Brett Wallace X-Fractor auto /299

My question is what should i do with them? redeem, trade/sell, or ask for replacement.

RE: Redemption qiestion ????
Replacement would prob be the better choice, ask for a 2013 auto of some sort!

i'd replace them.
I've got two pending since last year but I want them..josh bell and gerrit cole.
If they werent prospects i wanted i would have gotten a replacement

(06-12-2013, 01:28 PM)The_Baseball_Fan Wrote: Replacement would prob be the better choice, ask for a 2013 auto of some sort!
Agreed
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I would wait though. According to another message board, Topps is sending out "special unreleased" cards that are meant as replacements only to replace stuff like this. Basically, they wanted to dump all their low end sticker autos and printed up some new cards and stuck them on. The hobby tends to hate these so you are gambling on getting something you will have to keep forever. Also, someone talked to Topps today and they said all replacements were on hold for up to 8 weeks while they made some personnel changes.

replacement seems to be favored so i think ill do that. hopefully they dont have an 8 week wait
replacement seems to be favored so i think ill do that. hopefully they dont have an 8 week wait. (i wish i could choose what i can get)

I just consider them a missed hit, basically. Out of 12 auto redemptions last 18 months or so, I have received 2 of them. So they're batting about .167.

From now on I am just going to start selling the redemptions on eBay or something, take the loss and move on. Not worth the hassle. Same reason I am done breaking boxes of high end stuff... Got two redemptions out of the box of Tribute I bought this year. Kemp and Pedroia autos would be nice to have, but I realize there is basically no chance of ever getting them.
I need the 2013 Johnny Cueto Turkey Red Cyan Printing Plate - will pay a Finder's Fee!

Looking for any and all Cincinnati Reds...

Bucket out of order until I figure out how the new Photobucket site works.

I'm with you. They are pretty much the only thing I sell these days. I do a bit of research and see if they are redemptions that are ready but couldn't be packaged for one reason or another or if they just haven't made them yet. They just don't seem to be a priority for Topps. Pannini seems to do a great job with redemptions.

one good thing about redemption s is i can usually pick up ones I would really want and dont care how long it takes fairly cheap on ebay

Man i have waiting 11/2 years for my platinum refractor auto of matt harvey. thats why they sell cheaper and replacements almost always are terrible.