`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yasiel Puig Better than Mike Trout?

RE: Yasiel Puig Better than Mike Trout?
hardly....being a Dodger fan...I'm glad there's something worth talking about coming out of Chavez Ravine.......but Puig is no Trout......may put up better power numbers over a career but that's about it

his start reminds me of Carlos Delgado's coming out party in 1994......Delgado ended up having a better than average career but certainly didn't keep up the 180 HR per season (or somewhere in that neighborhood) pace that he started out with
FINALLY!!!! A good reason to get excited about Dodger baseball in 2013!!!

[Image: puigtrio2_zps25e65fc1.jpg]

he is better than ted williams and willie mays and josh gibson combined,

obviously
puig had 4 home runs in first 5 games. he's 22.

let's say he plays for 16 years, and averages 150 games a year. that's 2400 games (ted williams played in 2200+ to give you a reference)

16 years means his career ends when he is 38. reasonable.

so, 4 hr in 5 games, 2400 games in his career. 2400/5=480 times 4...

yuig in on pace - conservatively - for 1920 home runs. i think that is a record

puig is the greatest to ever play

This is a joke, right? If the Dodgers were offered the chance to guarantee that Puig has Matt Holliday's career they would do that in a heartbeat. By no means do I think he'll even be that good, but for the sake of the exercise let's go with it. If the Angels were offered the same thing with Trout they'd turn it down. As a baseball fan, I'd be thoroughly disappointed if Trout isn't the once in a generation talent he appears to be.

Jacoby, quit messin' with the animated GIFs and invent the sarcasm font, would ya?

Sheesh!
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(06-09-2013, 10:44 AM)zeprock Wrote: Jacoby, quite messin' with the animated GIFs and invent the sarcasm font Would ya?

Sheesh!
fine, from now on, all sarcastic comments will be proceeded by this:

Good lord, has the guy played a week yet? I get that he's had a great start but looking at the different boards and prices this guy is getting, you would think his bust is already being made up in Cooperstown. With that said, I hope he does have a very successful career.

When rookies start out hot, all I can think of is:

[Image: maas.jpg]

(06-09-2013, 12:59 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Good lord, has the guy played a week yet? I get that he's had a great start but looking at the different boards and prices this guy is getting, you would think his bust is already being made up in Cooperstown. With that said, I hope he does have a very successful career.

When rookies start out hot, all I can think of is:

[Image: maas.jpg]
Who?....Exactly.
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios

(06-08-2013, 02:52 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, let's wait until the All-Star break before we start declaring his magnificence!
Agreed.
Photobucket

None of this stopped me from sniping a Puig Top 100 for $29 on Friday, LOL ... got it today!

Actually, the more I see of Puig the more he reminds me of a Vlad Guerrero/Sammy Sosa type player ... not including the PEDs, LOL

But Trout ... he's special.

Puig might be, too, that's the fun thing. They can both be good, and we can collect both of their cards!

Well Puig is facing dbacks pitching for a few days so that should help sales for awhile longer lmao
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]