`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Richard Sherman playoff ticket/99 rant..

Richard Sherman playoff ticket/99 rant..
Im not one to rant and complain but im actually a tad urked by what happened on the bay earlier. Im trying to put together the 1-100 2012 playoff ticket NON auto set. ofcourse richard sherman is part of it and BVed rather high because its his only cards. I found 2 on the bay.. 1 was a BIN 60$ and the auction one(which was lower than 60$ at the time) so i throw out a bid with 13 mins left.. 33 bucks. Mind you i was ready to pay exact BV or possibly a few bucks more for it so i was out for a run and i didnt wanna keep checking my phone so i put my increase price to 100$ thinking no one will pay 100$ for it. So i i walk in my door and see im high bidder so far at 43$.. put my phone away and do a few things and come back to my phone to see i LOST the card to 102.50 AND the other auction had also ended.

the bid jumped from 43$ to 102.50..nothing in between.. so im not a rocket scientist BUT wouldnt someone have to know i bid a max of 100 to put 102.50? something fishy and im urked by it.

sorry to rant.. had to get it out.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

RE: Richard Sherman playoff ticket/99 rant..
It happens to me all the time. BTW I would watch to see if that seller reposts the card again
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

I think what happened is someone put in a higher proxy (max) bid ... like they put $150 or whatever, so it automatically jumped to the next highest increment ... which would explain why there were no bids between $43 and $100 ...

Look at it this way ... even though the guy won, he paid way more than he should have, so at least you got out of it.

My own personal rule is this ... I never bid more than the absolute max I would pay for it in a shop or a show or whatever.

Obviously, if I was willing to pay $50 for a card I would still pay $51 for it if that meant the difference between winning and losing it, but you get my drift.

As a seller I've had cards that should have ended at like $35 and the winning bid is like $200, and I'll just message them and tell they I assume they don't want to pay that much.

We usually end up canceling and re-listing or doing a second-chancer.

It'll happen, man, just stay after it.

Just know if your max is $100 and I bid $1000 the amount automatically goes to $102.50. Its the minimum bid increment asserted by eBay. Just sucks it happened to you bro. Also as for the other BIN card someone probably saw the auction one go for $100+ and clicked BIN asap.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(03-25-2013, 07:51 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Just know if your max is $100 and I bid $1000 the amount automatically goes to $102.50. Its the minimum bid increment asserted by eBay. Just sucks it happened to you bro. Also as for the other BIN card someone probably saw the auction one go for $100+ and clicked BIN asap.
yea, there wasnt any shenanigans going on...just how the proxy bid works. that bid could have been 102.5, or 5 billion dollars

Wait till next year. His card will go down.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

(03-25-2013, 07:51 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Just know if your max is $100 and I bid $1000 the amount automatically goes to $102.50. Its the minimum bid increment asserted by eBay. Just sucks it happened to you bro. Also as for the other BIN card someone probably saw the auction one go for $100+ and clicked BIN asap.
This was covered in the post directly above yours, LOL

(03-25-2013, 07:53 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: yea, there wasnt any shenanigans going on...just how the proxy bid works. that bid could have been 102.5, or 5 billion dollars
I agree. I'm sure there was no tomfoolery or nitzydaddles also
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

thanks guys.. just sucks knowing i need it so bad.. i thought i was dumb for putting 100 on iy thinking no one in their right mind would pay more.. boy was i wrong lol
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

What's the crazy thing is if his /99 is now already selling for $100+, what is his /20 cracked ice going to sell for???
(03-25-2013, 07:54 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: Wait till next year. His card will go down.
Why so sure the card won't go up more???
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin