`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
My Best Mailday of All-Time

My Best Mailday of All-Time
If you just skipped to the scans your wondering what the "hell" I am talking about. Let me explain. When I started my All-Star project I tried to trade for and buy all the little cards and get them out of the way. Well one card always seemed to slip my grasp. It wasn't cause I couldn't locate it. Sure there are a few cards I have yet to locate and that is fine. I am patient enough. This particular player's autograph though I located 4 times. The first time for like $7 and I grabbed it and marked it off. Three days later an email, "I apologize for the mis-listing but this card doesn't seem to be autographed." Dang! So I add it back to the list and continue the search. Now a few weeks later I locate yet another. This time it was more like $5. Again I purchase it. Two days later a refund with a note "I don't know what happened but I listed this incorrectly. There is no auto, do you still want it?" Seriously!!!! Well back to searching. The about 2 months ago I find it listed by Burbank Sportscards, I am thinking this guy knows his stuff, surely its not gonna happen again. This time before I click the order button I call Stephen personally at Burbank and ask him to check. He comes back and says "Wow, how did you know we mis-listed that?" I explain, and he apologizes and I move on YET AGAIN. Now I know the card exists but am seriously questioning how many. I have seen scans on worth point. Now this player only has 3 certified autos, all by Donruss/Leaf. I located another on eBay at a cost of $70 that is listed as an auto and to know surprise it isn't autographed either. I have come to realize I may never see the other versions. However, while searching a small nickel/dime site the other day that I search maybe once a month, low and behold another one is located. This time at a cost of only $3 plus PWE shipping of a dollar. Hell by now I would have paid $20. There is no picture as always and no direct way to contact the buyer that I saw. So I purchase it yet again. Then I sit back and wait and today in the mail comes this beauty. Yeah, its a beauty. I may lock in the vault. It is by far the card in my collection that I spent more time and hours on then any other card.

Oh, there was other mail too but who really cares, right?

Kevin Correia Donruss Heroes Autograph
[Image: scan0142_zps1337d588.jpg]
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

RE: My Best Mailday of All-Time
Nice "White Whale" Find
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

Wow, gotta love/hate the same thing happening repeatedly for such a benign card (no offense as I know your project, just saying it's not a card you'd expect to have issues with as you said).

Grats on getting it marked off the list completely this time.

On a side note, you mentioned another site you search sometimes - I'm always on the lookout for other spots guys pickup cards from sometimes - care to share, either in PM or posting here? A couple of my PC guys aren't big name guys so I'm running out of places to look for their cards and not seeing new listings of them very much.

Nice!

Great story
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Glad you finally got it!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I'm having some troubles like that myself with my Braves project. This Kenny lofton seems to be my unicorn of the project where one of the rarest cards (Garrett Anderson,only 10 total copies) was one of the cheapest and easiest to obtain. Nice to are you get it, and as you know it's not the value of the card sometimes when it comes to these projects.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

Congratulations, Derek! I've been seeing Kevin Correia on your want list ever since we first started on Beckett. Excellent that you finally got him!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(03-13-2013, 02:38 PM)bryandavidknight Wrote: I'm having some troubles like that myself with my Braves project. This Kenny lofton seems to be my unicorn of the project where one of the rarest cards (Garrett Anderson,only 10 total copies) was one of the cheapest and easiest to obtain. Nice to are you get it, and as you know it's not the value of the card sometimes when it comes to these projects.

I PMd you. I'd love to help track this card down.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Congrats!
http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/user/L...s/library/
Always collection Cal Ripken, Manny Machado, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Reggie Wayne, Justin Morneau, and other rare Colts and Orioles cards.

Congrats man. Just think....if you had got it on the first try, you wouldn't have appreciated it as much. It would have been just another card, but now it has a special place in the collection and a great story to go along with it !!
Collecting Steelers, Pirates and Penguins