`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlisted Topps SP??

Unlisted Topps SP??
Hi. I think I found an unlisted Out of Bounds SP for 2013 Topps series 1. I picked up a 36 card jumbo cello rack pack @ Target today, and found this Jon Jay card inside (card # is 224). It isn't listed as one of the "Out of Bounds" SPs, but based on the pose in the photo, I think it is definitely a SP. Anyone else have this card and wonder if it's a SP?? Should I call Topps?? Have they released a COMPLETE listing of the 2013 series 1 SPs yet??

Oops!! I forgot to include a pic. D'oh!! Here it is.

[Image: Picture78.jpg]

RE: Unlisted Topps SP??
Not an sp, it's his regular card. I have 3 of those from one jumbo box.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Dang. Sure looks like a SP though, doesn't it?

It is a cool looking card, there are probably four or five others that are similar that aren't out of bounds SP's. when I sorted my box I kept setting aside all of the cards that had photos like this and it turned out I didn't get one single sp lol.

LOL. I pulled the Jon Jay card out myself and double checked just to make sure and it isn't an SP. Very confusing though. In 2011 Topps put out the sparkle cards and the Domonic Brown card had a glare off his helmet that very closely resembles the sparkle and everyone was confused for a bit and some even bought the Brown card at an SP price on Ebay. I also didn't get any SPs in the hobby or jumbo box I bought

I thought it was an SP as well. I wish they had not done that. It is kinda confusing.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I think the Raburn looks more like a SP (but it isn't):

http://mybaseballcardblog.com/wp-content...Raburn.jpg
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

The Giovani Soto looks like an SP too.

I pulled the exact same Jon Jay card from a rack pack....it can't be a SP because I never pull SPs.

Yep Topps either intentionally (my thinking) or unintentionally included several cards that look like they should be OOB SP's but aren't. Jay is one, Josh Reddick is another and there are a couple more that I can't remember at the moment.