`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trading Vent/Rant...........

RE: Trading Vent/Rant...........
I'm a patient person. I'm guilty of waiting to send. After a 10-12 hour shift. And then family to tend to. I'm usually not in the mood to make a package. I actually like my "must send first" tag. It gives me time to get it ready. As for people who email me about being sorry for being late. I just tell them that this is a hobby. Life comes first.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

(08-30-2012, 03:35 PM)robsvideos Wrote: I'm a patient person. I'm guilty of waiting to send. After a 10-12 hour shift. And then family to tend to. I'm usually not in the mood to make a package. I actually like my "must send first" tag. It gives me time to get it ready. As for people who email me about being sorry for being late. I just tell them that this is a hobby. Life comes first.
But you don't go and mark a trade as already shipped when it wasn't, and/or message the trader saying you sent the package yesterday when you didn't, do you? And you are right it is just a hobby, but people have so many excuses for stuff it gets old.

Laziness is not a good enough excuse for me. This day and age everything is much easier yet people have grown more lazy. If you can sit at your desk on your computer or on the couch with your laptop and offer up trades/respond to threads, whatever. You have the extra two minutes it takes you to package up a trade. Thats not directed at you btw. I'm talking about the people that sit on a trade for a week+ before shipping with no mention of it for no better reason of they didn't feel like it.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

okay, first off I completely agree with Mik .....

if there's an issue contact a Mod first, it's their "job" to help resolve issues, posts calling out issues like this really don't do much good except insight rumor and innuendo .....

if you got your package, I'd just call it a day ..... things happen, life happens ..... I've marked packages as shipped only to find out two days later it was left by accident on my desk downstairs Blush

sorry, don't see what all the hubbub is about ??? both traders got their cards, no issues with the product, just a couple of extra days for delivery .....

I live in Canada, I sometimes have to wait 5-7 WEEKS to get my end of a trade ..... delivery in 5-7 days would be a blessing IMHO Wink

yeah that canadian shipping can be a nightmare.. i honestly wont ship there with my business anymore.
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

For the record, robsvideos is an awesome trader, for whoever wants to work a deal with him.

It doesn't matter who it is, If I trade with someone and they wait until they get my end before shipping it that would make for a very unhappy trade especially if I have more trades than them. And all they have to do is use the feedback system as leverage which is another peeve of mine. If you received your cards leave feedback don't wait until they leave you feedback because then your one of those guys. They are plenty of members on here that I will no longer trade with because of their lack of communication or integrity.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

I haven't chimed in on a whole lot of threads on here lately, but I figured this would be a good one. Whenever I do a trade, I DO NOT accept the trade until I have ALL the necessary supplies to send out said trade along with enough $$ to sent it (I've seen a bunch of people use the excuse that they didn't have the funds - If you don't have the funds STOP trading). Taking any longer than 2 days to actually send the items is completely unnecessary. If it does, you should state it up front ie. I only ship on such and such a day or something along those lines. For the people that just say, I work long hours and didn't feel like it, NOT a valid excuse. I work 60-70 hours a week and still find a way to get to the post office to fulfill an obligation. There are very few excuses that are actually valid in my book. Ok, I'll step off my soap box now...
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(08-30-2012, 07:03 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: I haven't chimed in on a whole lot of threads on here lately, but I figured this would be a good one. Whenever I do a trade, I DO NOT accept the trade until I have ALL the necessary supplies to send out said trade along with enough $$ to sent it (I've seen a bunch of people use the excuse that they didn't have the funds - If you don't have the funds STOP trading). Taking any longer than 2 days to actually send the items is completely unnecessary. If it does, you should state it up front ie. I only ship on such and such a day or something along those lines. For the people that just say, I work long hours and didn't feel like it, NOT a valid excuse. I work 60-70 hours a week and still find a way to get to the post office to fulfill an obligation. There are very few excuses that are actually valid in my book. Ok, I'll step off my soap box now...
excellent post ..... preach on Smile

(08-30-2012, 07:03 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: I haven't chimed in on a whole lot of threads on here lately, but I figured this would be a good one. Whenever I do a trade, I DO NOT accept the trade until I have ALL the necessary supplies to send out said trade along with enough $$ to sent it (I've seen a bunch of people use the excuse that they didn't have the funds - If you don't have the funds STOP trading). Taking any longer than 2 days to actually send the items is completely unnecessary. If it does, you should state it up front ie. I only ship on such and such a day or something along those lines. For the people that just say, I work long hours and didn't feel like it, NOT a valid excuse. I work 60-70 hours a week and still find a way to get to the post office to fulfill an obligation. There are very few excuses that are actually valid in my book. Ok, I'll step off my soap box now...

You know I really dont get that either why members would trade if they dont have the funds to purchase postage or a mailer. I wouldnt even consider a trade if I didnt have the means to complete it within a day at 2 max. I expect the same courtesy as I give to other traders.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

Ive done a handful of trades on here and encountered most of these problems.
And like bgt said the worst part was the trader telling him via pm that they had already sent out when they hadnt.
I can handle any problem/excuse as long as I get my cards. But dont lie about them being shipped like we wont know.
I feel your pain bgt, some people...
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]