`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucket over ORG.....

Bucket over ORG.....
Need some insight guys/gals. I see in the threads a lot that people say check my bucket not my org when wanting to trade. Majority of the cards in everyone's bucket doesn't show the year, serial, price, etc... so why does everyone push the bucket and not the Org when the org gives 100% of the details of what the card(s) is?

example - I had a $50 card. Went looking through a bucket for a $50 card to trade for. Took 2 hours in a bucket. 1 minute in an Org. Please help me make sense of this...lol

RE: Bucket over ORG.....
Im not sure I like the org better myself but I guess they want to see the card before trading...I would ask for a scan or then look in the bucket if they had a pic of it if they didnt want to scan it
Photobucket

i would say because it could be quicker to see what they have, and you can see the condition of the card, if the pic is clear. now like you said, you're not always able to know if it's a parallel or not, I prefer to check orgs myself.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

not to point out the obvious, but the trade, if done through beckett has to use the org system.

so, might as well go through beckett anyway, and if someone needs a pic, send a link to photobucket

just my 2 cents

(i usually end up ignoring calls to "check my bucket")

(03-27-2012, 12:24 PM)bott2711 Wrote: Need some insight guys/gals. I see in the threads a lot that people say check my bucket not my org when wanting to trade. Majority of the cards in everyone's bucket doesn't show the year, serial, price, etc... so why does everyone push the bucket and not the Org when the org gives 100% of the details of what the card(s) is?

example - I had a $50 card. Went looking through a bucket for a $50 card to trade for. Took 2 hours in a bucket. 1 minute in an Org. Please help me make sense of this...lol
Why use Bucket over org? People lie... or severely bend the truth. They tend to judge their cards better than they really are. Sure, in one minute, you found a $50 card in someone's org. Does the org show the damages to the edges and corners? Does it show the scratch right above the player's name? Does it show the 95/5 off-center top/bottom? Also, they may not know what they have and have it listed in their org incorrectly.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Well I like to check buckets over org because I get to see the card and see how it looks. Sometimes i'm not looking for anything in particular, just some cool looking cards. I will then check their org and check the pricing. Doesnt take much time lol.

Org over bucket, hands down. Its nice to see a scan, and I gladly make one if someone asks but I hate spending forever looking at cards when I can take a few quick minutes looking through the org and see if I need something. Most the time you can barely make out who is on the card, then you click it, then you see it, then you go back...
You do take a chance on condition of the card if you dont see a pic though. But Im usually doing trades for lower bv stuff. If its a high end card I ask for a scan or pic.

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

I fully understand seeing the card for every known reason. That is self explanatory. Browsing for any card is easy also. But to say it is easy to open a bucket and just find a $50 card...Please tell me what makes that easy?

(03-27-2012, 12:52 PM)all day baby Wrote: Why use Bucket over org? People lie... or severely bend the truth. They tend to judge their cards better than they really are. Sure, in one minute, you found a $50 card in someone's org. Does the org show the damages to the edges and corners? Does it show the scratch right above the player's name? Does it show the 95/5 off-center top/bottom? Also, they may not know what they have and have it listed in their org incorrectly.
I disagree. I find what I want in their org, then I look at their scan in their bucket to make sure it's not damaged. Yeah people lie, but the eye in sky doesn't.

I check orgs first for the main players/teams I collect. Then I prefer Buckets because at that point I am looking for card design/patch design, etc Smile