`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHILL BID - OVERSEAS BIDDER - KOBE ELITE BLACK BOX AUTO /10 ??

SHILL BID - OVERSEAS BIDDER - KOBE ELITE BLACK BOX AUTO /10 ??
I hate shill bidding... why do people bid so much on one item? Why can't they just bid a few times & leave it at that... I usually bid low, then high in the end... I was away from the computer so I put a bid, thinking I'd win.. but got shilled... went over my limit.... do you think overseas powersellers use bogus accounts to make the price go up.. buy from other people within their community, to make it look like a respected bidder?

in this case, the dude only has 4 transactions... bid 14 times (31%) on one item.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...0879317734

SELLER home-run
bidder Member Id: b***d ( 4 )

what do you guys think? shill?
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

RE: SHILL BID - OVERSEAS BIDDER - KOBE ELITE BLACK BOX AUTO /10 ??
It is hard to tell on that one. The low feedback rating and the large amount of bids are definitely suspect. I don't mean to use a stereotype, but as far as I can tell the asian sellers shill like it's going out of style. I've had some that were very blatantly shill bidders and reporting them to ebay has never accomplished anything. Ebay doesn't care because they make money either way.

ya, I hear you. It seems like there are a few bidders that just try to bid against me everytime I bid.. it's like they follow me everywhere.. it is easy to figure out some bidders ID's, but this one.. is a little hard. Second time this seller bid like that against me... I wish we could go back in history & look at old auctions, wish ebay didn't archive them.. that we could forever see them, at least the auctions we bid on... makes it a little easier for buyers to point out possible fraud or unethical transactions.. like putting fake transactions on the website & having a buddy pay a small price... just to get up to that powerseller rating... not all powersellers have good feedback... some of their transactions are suspect...
another shill suspect... same seller...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0387999898
Bidder: r***r ( 0 )
Bids on this item: 6 (58%)
*United States Navy*

Might just be newbies not knowing what they are doing.

Yeah I think it is hard to tell but probably is.. There has been a lot of talk on some of the other sports boards on beckett about this and plenty of examples.. I figure if you just stick to a limit and don't go over that limit you will always be fine.. And if you think someone is shill bidding I would just avoid their auctions all together.
Photobucket

I think people with a low feedback score should only be allowed to bid up to a certain amount. The higher your feedback score the higher in $$ you can bid...maybe this will eliminate a lot of shill bidders out there that use "new accounts" to sky rocket the price...jmo

the trick is to only bid one time in the final 30seconds. put in your max and if you dont win, you know you didnt overpay. if everyone did this, we would all save some money. when you bib early, its like showing your hand in poker.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Imagine what the prices for things would be if Ebay were run like a silent auction and you took all of the ego and fraud out of the equation. Wouldn't that be interesting.

I have been seeing some unusual trends in the michael jordan jersey cards lately. I have always questioned the integrity of ebay auctions. Nevertheless, it is the only website I know in which I can get a large variety of my collection needs. Ebay should definitely reinforce their fraud deparment because we loyal e-bay buyers need the best protection. I have been buying for over half a decade and ebay has made a stupid amount of money via us the customers.

I think that they should only let people bid, say 2-3 times per auction... anybody than that, it should be considered shill bidding... For me, I always bid $1-5 bucks, so I can watch the item.. near the end of the auction.. if I still want that card & I been over bid, then I will bid again... unless my money is tied up somewhere else... but those that bid 4-10 times within a few minutes... now that is just plain stupid... imagine, if Beckett ran their own auctions off their site.... we wouldn't need to go anywhere else.. even if the fees that sellers had to pay for auctions were the same as the bay, I'd still rather use Beckett's website.. as long as their were way they can detect strange bidding... i.e. shill bidding
*United States Navy*