`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice on a trade offered for my RNH silhouette

Need some advice on a trade offered for my RNH silhouette
I was offered this card for trade for my RNH Crown Royale silhouette prime materials... What do you guys think? Should I do it?

[Image: 2dd7a1e7.jpg]
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

RE: Need some advice on a trade offered for my RNH silhouette
I am bias but if I were you I'd definitely do it... haha, for real though... Malkin is on the rise and that is a SICK patch!!! Let's see the RNH card to compare though.
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

the Nuge is just the redemption card & a jersey card, so its not even redeemed yet... Whats worth more Silver or Gold cup rookies?? Cause heres a silver version on ebay, and i like the patch on the one offered in the trade a lot better... The ebay silver is bidded up to 1300 right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-UD-Cup-Roo...2ebbd87599
The silver is #/99, gold is #/71

The one you were offered is worth less but still sick...

You are lucky to be in the position to ponder about such trades.... I'm jealous...
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

lol trust me, im not lucky... its a burden on my brain. Another major problem is my ebay account just got limited on sales. I had an ebay account like 4 years ago that my friend used to use to sell his auto'd stuff back before I got back into collecting, well a package he sent out never got recieved, or so the guy he sold it to claimed it didnt, even tho everything else he sent out got delivered. Anyway the account got limited. No big deal, I didnt use it anyway back then. Anyway flash forward to 2 days ago. My current ebay account is 100% feedback, no problems, no nothing. I listed my nuge card on ebay, and ebay sent me a notice my current account sales are being limited to 10 sales or $500 a month because they linked the 2 accounts 2gether. The nuge card is still listed. And normally this wouldnt be a problem, cause I dont sell $500 a month, so no big deal, I just buy a ton of stuff. Well NOW I have the possibility of landing this Malkin, but can I even sell it on ebay?? What happens if the bids go over $500? Does ebay end the auction??

Im beginning to agree with everyone on here that ebay is nothing but a giant pain in the arse.

This is one of those True RC vs parallel rookie-year insert scenarios.

From my experience, there is always more upside potential in the true RC than a parallel... well in hockey anyway (Lin-idiots proved me wrong in basketball) and the Gold #/jsy versions are almost always worth less than the true RC #/99 unless it's a VERY low jersey number.

Also, if Edmonton ends up with yet another 1st overall pick (they currently have the 2nd best chance to obtain it unless Montreal continues to send the rest of their season down the crapper) then they're becoming dangerously close to building the closest thing to a dynasty-strength team that you can in the salary-cap era. The RNH would be more desirable then but can you wait that long? ^_^

Oh well, all in all it's a good dilemma to have as I would LOVE to have this choice on my hands and if i did, I would
Slamming down the Haterade since 2008-09...

(02-28-2012, 02:39 AM)cheatinc Wrote: This is one of those True RC vs parallel rookie-year insert scenarios.

From my experience, there is always more upside potential in the true RC than a parallel... well in hockey anyway (Lin-idiots proved me wrong in basketball) and the Gold #/jsy versions are almost always worth less than the true RC #/99 unless it's a VERY low jersey number.

Also, if Edmonton ends up with yet another 1st overall pick (they currently have the 2nd best chance to obtain it unless Montreal continues to send the rest of their season down the crapper) then they're becoming dangerously close to building the closest thing to a dynasty-strength team that you can in the salary-cap era. The RNH would be more desirable then but can you wait that long? ^_^

Oh well, all in all it's a good dilemma to have as I would LOVE to have this choice on my hands and if i did, I would

The thing is, Silhouettes seem to drop drastically in price. thats a concern. The Hall & Seguins started high just like the RNH and fell bigtime, going for around $400 vrs the initial $800-900 and thats with Seguin winning a cup and doin good this year... The Malkin cup rookie patches seem to be on a rise with him inching closer to the art ross. Will the RNH's rise now that he's back & is a sure fire to win the Calder? or will they drop like previous ones?? Right now the RNH silhouette patches seem to be going for more then the prime. In this case of TRUE rookie vs parallel rookie, the parallel seems to be winning out...

Ahhhh 50,000,000 questions going through my head...

And by if you had the choice on your hands, you would, you mean you would make the trade for the Malkin?

in editing my first post, i clipped off the bottom of my post, which read:

"...and if i did, I would keep the RNH silhouette because i'm a true rookie diehard."

EDIT: found a few completed bay auctions with gold malkin Cup RCs, should give you a good idea as true RC vs Gold parallels in the cup

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...true&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...true&rt=nc

Slamming down the Haterade since 2008-09...

Id take the Malkin. Not a huge fan of either, but I love the cup rookies, whether they are gold or regular.
Jaromir Jagr Collector

Jaromir Jagr Collection with scans - http://www.NHLsnipers.com/jaromir-jagr-collection

My Hockey Website - http://www.NHLsnipers.com

eeek those gold prices arent what I expected at all. another offer of $650 + Logan Couture #/10 patch CR + niemi all the kings men patch... Cant seem to find any offers of $700 for my Nuge... Also, how do you find ended listings of cards?
Those ending prices of the Silver Malkins are sure drool worthy... $1300-$1800 yikes!!