`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but...

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but...
I think Manning would be crazy to put on the pads again. Why risk permanent injury just to play for 2 or 3 more years? He surely doesn't need the $ and there's not much more he has to prove. I understand the desire to play but being a father of 2 girls under the age of 8, I also understand how much fun it is being able to teach them the finer points of hitting a softball or dribbling a soccer ball in the back yard. Being paralyzed would certainly hinder any of that.
[Image: steelers.jpg]

RE: Where will Peyton Manning end up? I say the Phins make the most sense but...
I am a die hard skins fan and as much as I hate grossman and beck I would not want him to come here and tarnish his legacy.He is 1 of my favorite qb's of all time.I think he should retire
Photobucket

Anywhere but the Jets
Back in the Game!!

(02-03-2012, 01:20 PM)theo60collector Wrote: Anywhere but the Jets
My thinking exactly!!! lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341
Sad 
I personally dont think Peyton will retire, if he was he would have done so already. He is to much of a competitor and when Eli gets his second Ring, Peyton is going to want more. Irsay would be a fool to give up Peyton, the Colts entire fan base, is based off of Peyton Manning. It is way to obvious this year that the Colts need a leader and no one on the team was one this year. Irsay cant deny that. I personally would rather see Peyton retire than go anywhere else. If he was going to retire, I think he would have been named the Head Coach, as he was not, he is playing still. There about 2 teams that could use him, Jackonsville being one, excellent D-No Offense, Dolphins, with Brandon Marshall and Reggie Bush. We will know by next week what is going to happen. Personally this has put a huge damper on my collecting, I feel lost and dont know what to do.....
[Image: PeytonVolsBannerAbsoluteFinal.png]

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528...Garretson/
Peyton Manning, Zac Dysert, and UT Vols

If I could get over wanting Alex Smith to be good, I might like the idea of Peyton coming to SF. Smith did alright this year. Very few interceptions, but also not that many TD's. He made plays when needed, but he's not a qb defenses are afraid of. If the niners dont get smith back, Id love for them to get Manning. As long as it doesnt cost a ton. Worst case scenario is that Manning does get hurt and we get to see Kaepernick finally. Best case scenario is he is the manning of the past and gets them a ring! If he goes to Arizona, Aldon Smith WILL be the reason manning has to retire from football.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(02-01-2012, 10:04 AM)4th_and_20 Wrote: I agree, with all the buzz Manning can bring to the franchise, he can pretty much get the 49ers their (well deserved) new stadium.

Checking out the 49ers 2012 schedule.

HOME: Lions, Bears, Dolphins, Bills, Giants, Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks

AWAY: Packers, Vikings, Saints, Patriots, Jets, Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks

Holy crap! All non divisional games would be Sunday/Monday Night quality.

Especially the road games.
They already got the funding for the Stadium, its basically a done deal.

(02-01-2012, 09:45 AM)4th_and_20 Wrote: With Flacco & Alex Smith not getting the job done, I could see one of the Harbaugh brothers landing Peyton.

Both teams have Super Bowl caliber D's, they just lacked Championship leadership at the QB position.

The 49ers will easily run through the NFC West again, but they might be more interested in signing a franchise QB to go with their talented young core of players.
I agree with the Great 48. Did you not see the Saints game? Are you saying Alex didnt win that game for them? Alex is the guy in San Fran. I think Harbaugh really likes him even more than what he is letting on.
(02-06-2012, 01:37 AM)nthnoak Wrote: If I could get over wanting Alex Smith to be good, I might like the idea of Peyton coming to SF. Smith did alright this year. Very few interceptions, but also not that many TD's. He made plays when needed, but he's not a qb defenses are afraid of. If the niners dont get smith back, Id love for them to get Manning. As long as it doesnt cost a ton. Worst case scenario is that Manning does get hurt and we get to see Kaepernick finally. Best case scenario is he is the manning of the past and gets them a ring! If he goes to Arizona, Aldon Smith WILL be the reason manning has to retire from football.
The 49ers ARE signing Alex Smith, no doubt. Love him or hate him. If he can play anything like he did this year, I am more than fine with having him back. I will take a 3:1 TD to INT ration 8 days a week. Better than a Brett Favre gun slinger offense where you turn the ball over 5 times a game and score 40 points. I prefer a clean game.
Manning WILL cost a LOT and is probably done with that neck injury. Doesnt matter though I cant imagine the 49ers not giving Alex Smith another crack at it with a full off season with Harbaugh. I mean look at what they accomplished with NO off season AND NO WR's....
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

(01-25-2012, 04:35 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: my gut says he will retire!!!!!!!

YES RETIRE!!!!!!!!

That said of the teams that are possible destinations IMO:

Dolphins
Redskins

Yes just 2 teams. I know the Colts, Seahawks, Jets, Chiefs, Cardinals, Browns and Titans have all been mentioned but those teams have QBs the organization has invested a lot in.

The Phins and Skins are free to do what they want at the QB position. The Skins have Snyder and Shanahan which may be enough to land Peyton but...I cant imagine Peyton choosing a team that his brother plays twice a year since the Skins and Giants are both in the NFC East. Then when you look at the rosters of the Phins and the Skins the Phins are more stacked both offensively and defensively. The only reason why I cant see Peyton coming to Miami is because he would have to play Tom Brady twice a year. Its not because he is scared its just a harder road to the Super Bowl.

What do you guys/gals think?
The Vikings could take him to teach Ponder a thing or two lol They have a tendency to take old washed up used QB's that are overdue for retirement.
Eddie George Super Collector

I hope(for the game) he doesn't retire. He's so fun to watch pick apart D's.
Will be a very sad day when he hangs em up....
Being from Texas though, I would like to see him in Houston. Teach Indy 2x a yr why they should not
have let him go!!
****JK's BUCKET****

[Image: OgletreeBanner-1.gif]

If I were a betting man, I would put money on Peyton returning to football this year. As much as I'd love to see him stay in Indy, the cards really have stacked up to say he'll be gone. I think Peyton is a stand up guy, but at this point in his career I don't think he would want to take an incentivized deal to stay in place...Too much hurt, and not that I blame Irsay, after all, it is a business.

I just sort of wonder if the Seahawks might be enough of a fit to make it interesting...
[Image: mP9e9L.png]