`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Just Spent .19 cents On Shipping for 73 Cards on COMC!!

I Just Spent .19 cents On Shipping for 73 Cards on COMC!!
Ok, it was .197 cents each, so closer to .20 cents.

If I bought those 73 cards on eBay, average shipping cost $2.00 each, that's $146.00! I spent a little over $14! Woohoo!

That's where that site KILLS over eBay!
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile

RE: I Just Spent .19 cents On Shipping for 73 Cards on COMC!!
(02-03-2012, 05:44 PM)jessemerson Wrote: Ok, it was .197 cents each, so closer to .20 cents.

If I bought those 73 cards on eBay, average shipping cost $2.00 each, that's $146.00! I spent a little over $14! Woohoo!

Yes. BUT...... COMC makes you send the card to THEM so they can offer better shipping.

Unlike ebay if you buy from 5 diff. sellers they come from EACH seller not ONE spot.

Side note:
Read your sig. And LMAO I remember the AOL chat rooms......... Boy that feels like AGES AGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(02-03-2012, 05:44 PM)jessemerson Wrote: Ok, it was .197 cents each, so closer to .20 cents.

I completely agree. I have now bought over 300 cards for them and spent about $60 on shipping. Where I pay $2-3 per card on ebay. And their prices are very cheap. Love that site!!

Shipping eats us alive!!
My Main PC Objectives

1) Redskins Base RC Autos (Non Letters) - 164/281
2) Redskins Base RC Autos (Letters) - 13/76
3) RG3 Base RCs - 24/33
4) Devin Thomas
5) Joe Theismann Autos (skins only) - 16

I have recently been buying from sportlots over comc..like that I can make offers and such WITHOUT already having money on the site.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

I usually like to buy from sellers with a bunch of cards I like.... usually pay like 4-5 for round 10 or so cards

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Over $14 for shipping 73 cards and you are excited is funny. I know it sucks buying the cards from different sellers and having to pay $2-3 for each card, but I have had plenty of times where I load up on cards from one seller and get the shipping for a bigger discount. There are sellers on eBay with free shipping, or max shipping (where no matter how many cards you buy they don't increase the shipping costs). That being said, I think COMC is AWESOME but I don't think their shipping prices are that great.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-03-2012, 06:24 PM)djohn Wrote: Over $14 for shipping 73 cards and you are excited is funny. I know it sucks buying the cards from different sellers and having to pay $2-3 for each card, but I have had plenty of times where I load up on cards from one seller and get the shipping for a bigger discount. There are sellers on eBay with free shipping, or max shipping (where no matter how many cards you buy they don't increase the shipping costs). That being said, I think COMC is AWESOME but I don't think their shipping prices are that great.
I see your point but I never would have found these particular 73 cards from one or two sellers... Maybe 8-10 different sellers if they have a good inventory and good online databases, but then I'm dealing with 10 different interfaces, with varying degrees of user-friendliness. Sounds a little nightmarish. Nope, I'm as happy as a lark. Smile
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile

I love COMC... I have found some sweet deals on there...Wink
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Me too. I don't like having to put in money before making an offer though.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

I've just started using that site and have found some Malcolm Jenkins autos for my PC that I have not seen on Ebay in a long while. Have gotten them at really good prices.

Also with Ebay, the seller is having to take into account supplies, bubble mailer, shipping with a tracking #, and potentially gas. I have no problem when a seller asks for 2.50 on the bay, think that is completely fair.

This got me thinking too, how difficult would it be to put together these massive PC's before the days of the internet?? Talk about a lot of long days at the LCS, trying to trade for what you need.