`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grabbed the last box of 2011 topps chrome at Walmart

RE: Grabbed the last box of 2011 topps chrome at Walmart
(01-24-2012, 07:09 PM)bennyfunk Wrote: Damn man, really? Did you read what I wrote or did you just see what you wanted to see (obviously the latter)? I'm sayin the same thing you are! When I click on a thread I'm curious to see what what the collector pulled too. Nowhere did I imply that the title led me to believe that collector pulled a super rare hit- NOWHERE- all I said was regardless if a 1/1 was pulled or if the box yielded a bunch of marginal cards, I'm gonna read it everytime. And to that point, I'm sure said collector was as disappointed with the cards the box produced as I was after reading it. I buy a pretty decent amount of blaster boxes every week and a lot of them are like "the last box of 2011 Topps Chrome..." that this person bought. I'm not gonna post the contents of a sub-par blaster box. But, I have no problem with the person that does! The unspoken word can be misinterpreted at times- obviously my original reply of "Did you really feel the need to post that (or whatever I wrote)..." was taken out of context. So allow me to clarify:

The comment was not meant to express "elitism", sarcasam, negativity or present any type of insult or ill-will. All I was trying to say with that comment was something along the lines of: "I'm sure you were disappointed with the contents of your box. I'd put it behind me and look forward to the next one. Posting it is gonna remind you of a crummy box"

RANT OVER
"Apology" accepted. I am one of those people who can't buy hobby but once or twice a year. I try to bust some blasters a lot more often. I enjoy reading posts even if it a dud box. I do, however, spare everybody from my dud breaks. For instance, my sister (she knows absolutely nothing about cards) bought me a blaster of 2008 Topps S2 for my birthday. It was absolutely brutal! I am going to spare myself from reliving it! Have a great night!
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

(01-24-2012, 09:59 PM)jdberia Wrote: "Apology" accepted. I am one of those people who can't buy hobby but once or twice a year. I try to bust some blasters a lot more often. I enjoy reading posts even if it a dud box. I do, however, spare everybody from my dud breaks. For instance, my sister (she knows absolutely nothing about cards) bought me a blaster of 2008 Topps S2 for my birthday. It was absolutely brutal! I am going to spare myself from reliving it! Have a great night!
I think you used the wrong word..."explanation" accepted would be more suitable for OUR discussion. However, I do apologize to Sesfan01- the collector who created this thread- if I came off the wrong way. I hope my recent posts clarify my initial comment.

Not trying to get in a "Pissing Contest" with you Benny, just never saw the sense in making remarks like that is all.

Nonetheless, no use in getting all worked up.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

That was unexpected... didn't see the point in that comment. I love seeing what people pull because it gives me ideas weather or not to open a product. Please keep posting and don't let one guy ruin the hobby.

(01-25-2012, 11:31 AM)bennyfunk Wrote: I think you used the wrong word..."explanation" accepted would be more suitable for OUR discussion. However, I do apologize to Sesfan01- the collector who created this thread- if I came off the wrong way. I hope my recent posts clarify my initial comment.
actually your original comment did come off a little rude and insulting.

Just a suggestion: next time you post a comment just re-read it to yourself and ask yourself if you think it will offend or insult anyone else who might read it.
(01-25-2012, 12:11 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: That was unexpected... didn't see the point in that comment. I love seeing what people pull because it gives me ideas weather or not to open a product. Please keep posting and don't let one guy ruin the hobby.
appreciate it!
(01-23-2012, 08:09 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: remind me to never trade with benny......anyways, i'm interested in the reyes...PM me, i'm assuming you want chipper. I can add some chipper base/inserts if you would like.
yea I would be interested in chipper. sorry for just now responding.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(01-25-2012, 12:11 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: That was unexpected... didn't see the point in that comment. I love seeing what people pull because it gives me ideas weather or not to open a product. Please keep posting and don't let one guy ruin the hobby.
Yeah... That's me. The- "one guy RUINING the hobby"

I'm just hanging around here trying to make everyone feel bad about themselves so I can feel better about myself. Busted. You guys got me figured out... Seriously- I posted a comment that was taken out of context (and I can see how), and then took the time to explain the point I was trying to make. Somehow, during the flow of this thread, I've been called an "elitist", been accused of looking down on people that buy blaster boxes because they don't have the money to buy hobby (absurd!), been called out for being a member for nearly a decade, but not having enough "posts" (even more absurd!)- and now "ruining" the hobby" (??)...

So I'll just say this: Keep on rippin those blasters (I'm gonna)- keep on posting your breaks (I'm gonna reading 'em)- and keep on having fun doing it (I know I sure do)!

keep on posting!!! Ya know I stopped going on here and posting
quite awhile ago cuz of THE NEGATIVE CRUD some people have to say.
just like the old saying" if you dont have anything nice to say.....SHUT UP!"
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

Silver Lining: Yall are making benny's post count go up.

haha Tongue
[Image: 60JLt.png]

[Image: TexasHorns.jpg]

My Teams: Longhorns (Colt McCoy & Vince Young PC) - Ravens (Ray Lewis PC) - Yankees (Alex Rodriguez PC)

(01-25-2012, 03:13 PM)x yankeemike x Wrote: Silver Lining: Yall are making benny's post count go up.

haha Tongue
lol well played sir!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Nice pull man. I bust alot of blasters myself. I stopped buying the expensive boxes especially when I get the same cards. as for the hit,I can buy it for 5.00 on the bay.lol I say why buy one hobby for 100 when I can buy 5 blasters.

As for Benny- The dude apologized.I think we should just move on and keep to the topic now.

Keep the hobby alive Smile

Dan
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.