Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000-01 SP Authentic basketball box break
Video 
2000-01 SP Authentic basketball box break
Busted a box in search for a nice auto and whatever else I might pull. Did alright.

Here's a video for the full break, if you just want to see the hits, after a few seconds a link pops up for the recap.

RE: 2000-01 SP Authentic basketball box break
Back when that first came out the McGrady woulda been a sick pull!

Nice T-Mac Auto..

This is one of my all-time favourite products. In my opinion, the Supremacy insert set is one of the best looking and most underrated sets ever.

[Image: KobeBryant.jpg]

Here is my 2000-01 SP Authentic collection of inserts and autographs in a slideshow format:

(01-15-2012, 05:53 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: This is one of my all-time favourite products. In my opinion, the Supremacy insert set is one of the best looking and most underrated sets ever.
I was very pleasantly surprised with the inserts. WHen I pulled the first one I thought I had hit something quite special until I looked at the BV. Then I went on and really, the inserts in this set are incredibly good looking. You're doing well in collecting them.
As a matter of fact I was thinking of picking up another box but the only thing that's kind of putting me off is the very high chance of pulling a terrible auto, especially now that I already have the T-Mac..

I wouldn't pick up another box. Unless you get a Jordan, Kobe, Miller or Nowitzki auto, you'll probably end up losing money. Instead, you can pick up the missing inserts for cheap on a site like COMC.

I'm surprised at the low value on the inserts too, and I agree that several of them look amazing. My personal fave is the premier powers, but they all look really good.

I guess I just miss the old days when you got more excited for an insert you knew was like 1:96 packs instead of a low-numbered, no-name auto or patch.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(01-16-2012, 11:27 PM)buckunteer Wrote: I guess I just miss the old days when you got more excited for an insert you knew was like 1:96 packs instead of a low-numbered, no-name auto or patch.
+1
I remember pulling a Jim Jackson Hardwood MJ Holding Court numbered to 2300. It was the only S# card I had and I cherished it as if it were the Holy Grail.

I love that year's product...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(01-17-2012, 03:22 AM)folkertino Wrote: +1
I remember pulling a Jim Jackson Hardwood MJ Holding Court numbered to 2300. It was the only S# card I had and I cherished it as if it were the Holy Grail.
Crap I would LOVE that card. I'm an Ohio State alum AND an MJ collector! On my 11-12 SP Authentic break I was as excited about pulling the Jim Jackson letter patch auto than I was that triple sign of the times haha.

You don't still have it do you? :-D
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]