`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Card Company

RE: New Card Company
Maintain redemptions for 10 years after the end of the card year.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

1. No more event worn memorabilia
2. Game dates on all memorabilia cards
3. No more parallels
Collecting any and everything LOST 112/138 (81%) LOST autographed cards and 33/95 (35%) LOST Memorabilia Cards.

Parallels gone for good would be a GREAT idea!!! Mind you I still enjoy the 1/1's...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(11-06-2011, 08:40 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Parallels gone for good would be a GREAT idea!!! Mind you I still enjoy the 1/1's...
1/1's that arent parallels. viola!

(11-06-2011, 08:48 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: 1/1's that arent parallels. viola!
Sweet!!!
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(11-06-2011, 06:51 PM)mcflysportscards Wrote: 1. No more event worn memorabilia
2. Game dates on all memorabilia cards
3. No more parallels
Nice profile picture. i loved lost
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

More Steve Young cards lol
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

Bring back precious metals inserts, like donruss preferred did in the late 90's, These cards were awesome and were very unique, plus they display very well...

I haven't been a "modern" collector for very long so my level of expertise is "lacking." That said I have noticed a few things that i would like to see one differently.

I agree 100% with getting rid of event worn stuff. Give me a game used, and more so tell me what game it was used in! I don't care about having a sick patch if it has a nice grass stain or tear in it. The event used especially the unnumbered varieties aren't worth crap nine times out of ten an insert serial numbered to 500 is worth more than a scrub rookie single colored EW patch.

Get rid of parallels! So what if you tweaked the misty looking background filler from red to blue to green to gold to blue and copper and silver and platinum.... Give me base cards, insert cards and hit cards. Enough with this crap where the exact same card is made and then it is made but limited to a run of 999 and then limited to 599 ...199/50/23/etc.... you get the point. It is the same exact card with the exception of a serial number.

Enough Rookies already. I understand everyone wants to have a RC of thier teams future prospects. But do we need 500 plus variations of a Cam Newton rookie card? Wouldn't his RC be more valuable if say there were 25 varieties instead?

And lastly I want to see MORE veterans and legendary players. I really like that Topps and Score both have very deep lists of veteran players. Most releases tend to stick to a 100 to 150 card veteran base set, which usually only features 3 or 4 star players from the team and leaves everyone else out. For the Steelers it is alwasy Ben Roethlisberger Troy Polamalu Hines Ward and Rashard Mendenhall. Not that I dislike these guys but I want to see more Woodleys, Keisels, and Millers. In fact I LOVE the idea of a veterans only product.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

(11-08-2011, 04:36 AM)kennycooks Wrote: I haven't been a "modern" collector for very long so my level of expertise is "lacking." That said I have noticed a few things that i would like to see one differently.

I agree 100% with getting rid of event worn stuff. Give me a game used, and more so tell me what game it was used in! I don't care about having a sick patch if it has a nice grass stain or tear in it. The event used especially the unnumbered varieties aren't worth crap nine times out of ten an insert serial numbered to 500 is worth more than a scrub rookie single colored EW patch.

Get rid of parallels! So what if you tweaked the misty looking background filler from red to blue to green to gold to blue and copper and silver and platinum.... Give me base cards, insert cards and hit cards. Enough with this crap where the exact same card is made and then it is made but limited to a run of 999 and then limited to 599 ...199/50/23/etc.... you get the point. It is the same exact card with the exception of a serial number.

Enough Rookies already. I understand everyone wants to have a RC of thier teams future prospects. But do we need 500 plus variations of a Cam Newton rookie card? Wouldn't his RC be more valuable if say there were 25 varieties instead?

And lastly I want to see MORE veterans and legendary players. I really like that Topps and Score both have very deep lists of veteran players. Most releases tend to stick to a 100 to 150 card veteran base set, which usually only features 3 or 4 star players from the team and leaves everyone else out. For the Steelers it is alwasy Ben Roethlisberger Troy Polamalu Hines Ward and Rashard Mendenhall. Not that I dislike these guys but I want to see more Woodleys, Keisels, and Millers. In fact I LOVE the idea of a veterans only product.
ahh Vets only product!!! only Vets and Legends!!
That is something that could get me back into buying wax again.